Warrior Cats Alternate Cover Art For the New Prophecy Graphic Novel Adaptation Book One

I thought that Feathertail should be on the cover instead of Squirrelpaw, so I drew over the cover on MS Paint. Spoiler: After all, Feathertail dies in this book. She needs to be immortalized!

I think the biggest issue is the fact that MS Paint doesn’t have gradient tools, so the areas that should be blended aren’t. The ears are like that to match the original cover’s style of ears.

What do you think? I hope you enjoy this art!

10 Likes

Nice art! She definitely looks like a well-drawn cat, though it’s been so long since I read Warriors that I have no idea how accurate she is.

1 Like

That is an awesome cover page for a webcomic. Also have you considered using FireAlpaca instead of MS Paint? It has tools and features which lets you perform better handling for polished brush strokes.

1 Like

Even without gradients, it’s still quite good. Is it your own rendering or is this a trace?

2 Likes

Thanks!

I’m guessing FireAlpaca is a subscription. MS Paint is free.

@Minethuselah

Thanks!

It is a trace. If I wanted, however, I would be able to produce similar results. I’ve gotten fairly good at shading things in!

I tried, but my profile picture won’t upload…

This one does, though…

5 Likes

Wrong. It is for free. You just need to download it. That is all.

1 Like

Hold up, I’m suddenly interested. Lemme search for it…

Suggestion

EDIT: I downloaded it! I love it!

2 Likes

Have you gone on youTube to check the tutorials yet on how to use FireAlpaca? I ask because this can help you improve on the digital art. It helped me when I learned FireAlpaca on youTube.

1 Like