Was There Ever a Copper Hau?

@mrbioproductions here is the exhaustive list of all the 2001 Kanohi (plus Avohkii and Kraahkan) in all the colors ever produced or even predicted to exist.

The names of the colors are semi-arbitrary, but the color IDs are official lego IDs, so you can track them down based on that.
The gold Mata masks were produced in color known officially as yellow flip/flop (color ID 178) and copper masks were made in red flip/flop (color ID 176). Both of these are known to be quite variable on how translucent they are, so it happens often that people mix these two up.
As you can see in the table, no masks outside of Huna and Komau were ever produced in red flip/flop (176), nor have been predicted to exist at any point. (If you are interested in how such predictions were made, I suggest you read more of the linked topic). The Hau you ordered is probably just yellow flip/flop (178) Hau.

@Toa_Infiereon I heavily suspect the two ā€œcopperā€ masks are just gold aka yellow flip/flop (178) - the color looks exactly like on the picture. The ā€œgoldā€ Pakari looks to be spray-painted.
That said, there is always a possibility that something new emerges, which we have not forseen. Would it be possible for you to post more images of the ā€œgoldā€ Pakari, ideally in comparison to more gold pieces (various shades of gold)? And most importantly, can you show pictures of the other matching ā€œgoldā€ Kanohi? That should help elucidate this.

EDIT: I have updated the link to the updated tables, after the recent discoveries.

3 Likes