Waspix revamp

uh oh here comes bee girl

33 Likes

technically it’s a wasp

Uh this looks like a pretty nice revamp.
Parts use is neat.

3 Likes

llooks awseome
(mabye a gorast next?)

1 Like

You don’t mess with someone who has a literal katana for a stinger. You just… don’t.

Honestly my first reaction was “I forgot Waspix existed and I forgot it was a girl,” but whatever, the revamp looks good. I’m still confused as to how you take relatively ordinary parts and put 'em together to look more-than-usually neat. =P

3 Likes

Waspix was one of my favorite HF sets growing up, and it’s nice to see the set revamped.

I feel like you could’ve used more yellow, as it’s a very dark build. The arms are too short for my taste, and I kinda wish there was a way to work in the yellow wings on the original.

Otherwise, the abdomen looks great, and the overall shape looks very wasp like (Not bee).

When are you buying a second light?

5 Likes

I’ve lengthened her arms, they now seem a lot more proportionate:

I tried to work in some more yellow but the problem is that so few of these parts were made in yellow to begin with

The only thing I could change was the end of her abdomen, but I can’t tell if it looks better or worse:

11 Likes

I think it’s an improvement. Better accentuates the iconic striping that a wasp or yellowjacket has

4 Likes

Really cool revamp

2 Likes

Nice thorax.

4 Likes

I assume you meant abdomen as the thorax is just someone’s upper torso/chest

unless you knew full well what you were saying and simply had other intentions with that compliment

5 Likes

Beware my brilliantly-designed stinger tail!

2 Likes