Weird Brain Misprint?

Back in 2013, I received a brand new Scarox for my birthday, and the Brain inside looked like this:

At the time, I assumed that this was what all Scarox Brains looked like.
But I have recently acquired another Scrarox, and its Brain is a much darker green, and is very different from my original one:

I checked with my friend, and his Scarox also has the darker green one.

Does anyone know what this is? If you do have Scarox, which Brain version do you have?

EDIT:

To clarify, it’s not the same green as the Scarox Brain or the Ogrum Brain. It’s somewhere between the two, around the same green as Ehlek’s spines. It is not the same colour as the Brain from either set.
For reference, Ogrum’s Brain on the left, the weird Brain in the middle, and Scarox’s Brain on the right:

4 Likes

I’ve got the light green, but it came from Ogrum. Did you have Ogrum? You might have the wrong brain. If not, I have no explanation.

2 Likes

It’s not the Ogrum Brain. It’s not a lime green, it’s more like the green on Ehlek’s spines.
Ogrum on the Left, my Scarox on the right:

2 Likes

Mine is quite a bit darker as well

According to Bricklink, Scarox comes with a Trans-Green Brain, while Ogrum comes with a Trans-Bright-Green Brian. So most likely, you just got the wrong brain with the copy of Scarox you originally got.

So, no, I’m pretty sure it’s not a misprint.

It’s not the same green as the Scarox Brain or the Ogrum Brain. As I’ve said before, it’s somewhere between the two, around the same green as Ehlek’s spines. It is not the same colour as the Brain from either set.
For reference, Ogrum’s Brain on the left, the weird Brain in the middle, and Scarox’s Brain on the right:

1 Like

That’s scarox’s brain. It’s probably not a misprint, as my piece from that set has that same trans apple green color. More likely a common inconsistency with the molding procedure.

3 Likes

I had scarox and I’ve got the dark green brain in my hand right now.

1 Like

Considering that trans apple green and trans dark green are two different colors, and that the trans light blue Kaukau counts as a misprint, I’d say this should count too.

2 Likes

I only have Pyrox, and his is yellow, does that help?

1 Like