Weird Textures in The Mask of Light

This trivia entry on IMDB says that ‘If you watch the background in certain shots, you can notice strange patterns decorating some of the rocks’. I started looking for these ‘weird patterns’ but the only one I noticed was the circuit/veiny-like texture on the cliff Jaller almost fell from. Have you noticed anything else?

6 Likes

I never noticed that before. And I’ve watched that movie more times than I’d care to admit.

1 Like

Well, I didn’t catch that up while casually watching the movie either. The only reason why I noticed it was because I was specifically looking for the ‘alien patterns’ after reading that trivia entry.

2 Likes

That makes sense.

1 Like

I’ve got an idea! If The Island of Mata Nui is The Great Spirit’s face of sorts, then these things are the veins on his face.

:hushed:

7 Likes

I personally think of the island being made of some sort of techo-organic matter that projects from the robot’s face. Since the matter is synthetic, that would explain the strange patterns–they would be some sort of code inside the matter.

6 Likes

I never noticed these before…

1 Like

wait

coincidence?

9 Likes

We need to get Matt Pat in here RIGHT. NOW.

3 Likes

nopls

5 Likes

haha He would make this WAAAY too complicated.

1 Like

I spotted another one.

1 Like

I never noticed this before.

1 Like

I think I noticed these at some point but never really gave them any heed. Seems like they’re just another mystery of G1 we’ll never know the answer to :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Do you want more?

I know you do. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What if they are the Mata Nui robot’s veins?

1 Like

I’ve already said it in a way… :wink:

2 Likes

I think these may be references both to the “vein theory” and just Bionicle in general. The latter is the Nuva symbols embossed into the rocks around Kini-Nui, which makes some sense…