Weird two headed Matoran Design and unknown Masks?

I saw this in the comics and wondered what’s going on here.
I think we don’t know either of these Masks. And why do they look like a single Matoran with two heads, rather than two separate ones.

9 Likes

The real answer is that Sayger made a mistake. BUT if we wanted to do the usual internet nerd thing, we could create a new fanon two headed Matoran. You know, those Matoran are supposed to be rebuilt by Karzahni, I wouldn’t put it past the guy who designed Kazi to accidentally give a Matoran two heads. Shoot, Maybe this is where Kazi’s second head went.

As for the Kanohi, I always headcanoned the left one being some sort of Calix variant, has a similar profile. The right one is just bizarre though, I don’t really like it tbh. I’d headcanon it into something unimportant like the mask of psionics.

12 Likes

Ok Thanks

Yeah its really weird and somehow it looks like some Mutated version of the Mask of Psychometry (which is weird since that one only exists since last year and is only “semi-canon”)

3 Likes

a matoran siamese twin

dangit now I have to MOC that

8 Likes

It’s not like that’s impossible.

3 Likes

My guy… it’s two Matoran, the front one is just obscuring the back one…

7 Likes

Yeah; you have to remember, the sayger designs are super thin and stretchy. This is just two Matoran close together.

5 Likes

Greg did comment on it at the time:
“Far as I know, it may simply have been drawn in such a way that there are two Matoran there and you cannot see the body of the second.”
Which, I basically take as him saying that, yeah, it’s two Matoran. You are correct in saying thought that those are two unknown masks.

I appreciate how BS01 has this image saved as "Weird_Matoran_2.png :laughing:

8 Likes

Or an Elda.

I seem to remember that it was actually once canonized as as Elda, but then that was taken back for one reason or another.

Also, in general, this is definitely just two Matoran.

EDIT:

I found the post:

It’s super vague though, and is doesn’t help that the link is broken so we can’t actually see what mask they were talking about. I just assumed it was the one on the left at the top of this topic.

Regardless, there’s no canon inorganic Elda (yet), so the post I linked above mustn’t count.

5 Likes

NO shut up I will believe in siamese twins despite that not being how it works

9 Likes

@TheJerminator
@CMO
@Wolk
@Racie02

Ok Thanks

1 Like

The inorganic elda came from the bionicle world, and has been recanonized into the Mask of Aging years ago. It’s been on the Talk Page of the Kanohi/Other Kanohi for a while now.

3 Likes

Oh, I see.

Yeah, I can see how that could be an Elda. Although the eyes are maybe a little big.

I think its just the mustache.

4 Likes

I realy love this headcanon.

3 Likes

That’s 2 separate Matoran, Sayger’s just a terrible artist.

2 Likes

the one on the right kinda looks like a mutated mask of psycometry, like some sort of weird bird-rahi hordika version.
the top of the head looks similar at least.

and yes, I know that it’s impossible for this art to be based on the canonized mask of psycometry. let me have my fun.

3 Likes

Hehe I thought that too

Ok makes sence

2 Likes

Personally, I headcanon those masks as Kadin and Mask of Adaptation variants, respectively

4 Likes

I’m not quite sure about the mask of adaptation, although I do see where you’re coming from.
On the other hand, I do completely agree with you that it could be a variant of the Kadin. Specifically, a noble in-organic Kadin
(It’s not quite right enough to be a great Kadin in my opinion)
It also doesn’t seem sophisticated enough to be a great variant just looking at the shaping of the organic version.

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POSTING - Spiderus Prime

2 Likes

It’s less of a Calix variant and more of a Kadin variant. Perhaps a noble Kadin.
And although I do also think that the second could be a mask of psionics, I’d hardly call that unimportant.

2 Likes