What are the community's general opinions on the future of Bionicle? (poll)

Wdym? Can you elaborate?

you can put a stud into the technic hole of a bionicle arm piece my dude

Yes you can.

Now how about this?

The ball and socket is incompatible with the brick and stud. There’s no other way around it. You either attach it through separate means, like utilizing the technic attachment ports (if it has any) or bricks specifically designed with a ball to fit the socket - otherwise, you don’t attach it at all.

In fact, CCBS is even less system-friendly than the standard ball-and-socket, since you can technically pressure studs into the inset of a hand connector/the outside of the socket on the original piece, but CCBS does not allow for such shenanigans.

by that point the brick-to-ball brick had been invented*

*gimme a sec to make sure that’s true

And thus proving my point.

Pretty sure it was a 2008 invention? At least I think that’s when Power Miners came out…

help I am rapidly increasing in age

oh yeah i didn’t read your post
it’s a bad habit i’ve fallen into

Wasn’t the Toa Nuva’s destiny to re-awaken the Great Spirit and when they did so, they just chose not to become Turaga?

Grimdark BIONICLE: Power Hungry, coming to theaters and libraries on the second Thursday of next week.

Earlier than that, mate, it was in Exo-force.

Or you put the ball between two anti-studs to hold in place.
There. Totally compatible.

1 Like

Or you cram two tiles into the sides of a friction piece and boom, instantly compatible

also the evil people who smash a ball joint in between two axle holes and stretch the piece out can go to prison

1 Like

What are you talking about? A ball joint between two pin holes doesn’t stretch the piece. In fact, it fits loosely.

4 Likes

what if I’m already in prison?

anyways this whole tirade is entirely off topic. Like completely.

3 Likes

My opinion on this topic is surprisingly concise:

No.

you could make that same argument about several other LEGO connection points. It’s not exclusive to technic-size balljoints.

Finally, someone said it.

3 Likes

bruh you edited it to say pin holes
the original says axle for a reason

Don’t argue it’s off topic and then contribute to it lol

Is there, a um… Specific Reason? It’s difficult to sympathize with a hard No on a complex topic with multiple answers; I don’t even know what you’re saying No to.

4 Likes

Ok fair point but still

I intended that to mean, “I think there should be no future of BIONICLE.” I’m mostly happy with what we got and I think any sort of continuation would unnecessarily mar it. I like stories to end, and while I wasn’t exactly satisfied with BIONICLE’s main ending, I’d rather keep it than drag it out or even reboot it.

2 Likes

I can agree with this in terms of the g1 story.
journey’s end/mata nui saga is a satisfying enough ending for me.
I still want a reboot though.

One of the main reasons I want Bionicle back is so that I can finally have the chance to properly experience it, with the community.

I got into bionicle right when g1 was ending, fell out of interest in LEGO around when g2 started, and didn’t get back into it and get involved in the community until 2 years after g2 ended.

It’s not just the idea of having new products on shelves, it’s the hype, the theories, the rumors, the experience of seeing a new story unfold for the first time.

Reading old books that I already know a rough plot outline of and buying loose sets on ebay just isn’t the same.

3 Likes

Don’t know if this is directly relevant to this topic or not, but I personally find the flow between Bionicle/CCBS-Technic-System to be pretty interesting.

I prefer seeing these three as a gradient rather than discrete systems. There are some pieces that are totally towards the action figure end (masks, bones, weapon pieces, etc.), then there are pieces that blend a bit more into Technic (some CCBS body pieces, older Bionicle pieces, hand connectors), and Technic and System both have a lot of hybrid, transitional pieces to blend the gap until you wind up at the 2x4. Even in System, though, there are very specialized pieces that don’t have many interfacing options, even with other bricks.

So just because a CCBS piece might need some Technic mixed in to attach to a brick, I don’t see that as a failure of the system. I find that interesting and engaging building across the entire gradient of LEGO pieces.

And of course, there’s nothing wrong with primarily System fans from not liking the other end of that spectrum. Bionicle/CCBS itself does not interface well (mechanically or aesthetically) with System, and people are allowed to not like that.

I just think the greater issue is a particularly vocal subset of that subset take their dislike to the extreme and cast vitriol towards fans of that side of the spectrum, which causes much vitriol in return.

5 Likes

Lego Movie 2 night lamp? What’s that?