What are the community's general opinions on the future of Bionicle? (poll)

Don’t know if this is directly relevant to this topic or not, but I personally find the flow between Bionicle/CCBS-Technic-System to be pretty interesting.

I prefer seeing these three as a gradient rather than discrete systems. There are some pieces that are totally towards the action figure end (masks, bones, weapon pieces, etc.), then there are pieces that blend a bit more into Technic (some CCBS body pieces, older Bionicle pieces, hand connectors), and Technic and System both have a lot of hybrid, transitional pieces to blend the gap until you wind up at the 2x4. Even in System, though, there are very specialized pieces that don’t have many interfacing options, even with other bricks.

So just because a CCBS piece might need some Technic mixed in to attach to a brick, I don’t see that as a failure of the system. I find that interesting and engaging building across the entire gradient of LEGO pieces.

And of course, there’s nothing wrong with primarily System fans from not liking the other end of that spectrum. Bionicle/CCBS itself does not interface well (mechanically or aesthetically) with System, and people are allowed to not like that.

I just think the greater issue is a particularly vocal subset of that subset take their dislike to the extreme and cast vitriol towards fans of that side of the spectrum, which causes much vitriol in return.

5 Likes

Lego Movie 2 night lamp? What’s that?