What are your building principles?

It can only be fragile if it was meant to be fragile.

7 Likes

YES! CLOUT!

Great. Rip the poor joints

The joints are actually fine surprisingly

1 Like

So that means you are a non purist, since it doesn’t violate rules 1 or 2 or both of them? :open_mouth::flushed:

wait
that’s some sneaky loophole you got there
alright
rule 4.
Don’t break/mutilate pieces unless they are already broken/mutilated.

1. always listen to music while building, preferably Imagine Dragons or X Ambassadors.
  2. ABSOLUTELY no Bohrok fangs
  3. If you need to swear, swear in matoran
  4. Try not to use Pikari nuva mistika

no painting pieces.
no 3d-printed masks.
do not make sus female mocs.
do not cut pieces.

1 Like

why exactly

Because it looks weird to me

I love it, but I definitely feel like it looks like a Makuta would wear it rather than a Toa

1 Like

DATS DA WORD I WAS LOOKIN FOR: IMMORAL

it just reminds me of @alieraah

1. Don’t purposefully damage pieces, but if a piece is already tarnished, try to use it somewhere

2. Anything built must have a decent level of sturdiness and poseability (wait, poseability isn’t a word!?).

3. When making a bonkle, try to make it canon-compliant. If it doesn’t fit into G1 canon, throw it into the HF universe

4. When making a vehicle, make sure it can accommodate at least 2 people. I dunno, it just makes me sad whenever there’s just one driver who’s got nobody else to talk to.

Those are just my personal guidelines. If you want to hot-glue metru canister bobs to your moc, I won’t try to stop ya.

2 Likes
  1. Don’t make things complicated for the sake of them being complicated

yeah that’s basically it

2 Likes

gr8

but that means you have no other principles

yeah I know

I really don’t care what I do with a moc if it looks good.

1 Like

I’ve always been torn on using legendary masks like the Avohkii (I think that’s how its spelled) in mocs that are not my interpretations of the canon characters that used them like Takanuva for instance, or Mata Nui/Toa Ignika for the Ignika.

In terms of actual rules, I hate using rubber bands for anything that doesn’t use a play feature. In my builds, if a sub construction can’t hold itself together without extra reinforcement I don’t like using it.

I also try to make as many of my mocs as possible look like they could have been official lego Bionicle sets. Very expensive ones, but still in line with those basic design principles, like having a standard size variation for non-titan characters(usually Inika size build).

And I don’t like modifying pieces like cutting or gluing, and personally since I don’t have a huge array pieces at my disposal and I tend to reuse pieces I don’t like coloring them either. Now that I know how to use BrickLink though that may change in the future. What a miracle of the internet that website is.

4 Likes

I agree with all of those and I’d say I try to adhere to them myself

1 Like