What are your building principles?

yeah I know

I really don’t care what I do with a moc if it looks good.

1 Like

I’ve always been torn on using legendary masks like the Avohkii (I think that’s how its spelled) in mocs that are not my interpretations of the canon characters that used them like Takanuva for instance, or Mata Nui/Toa Ignika for the Ignika.

In terms of actual rules, I hate using rubber bands for anything that doesn’t use a play feature. In my builds, if a sub construction can’t hold itself together without extra reinforcement I don’t like using it.

I also try to make as many of my mocs as possible look like they could have been official lego Bionicle sets. Very expensive ones, but still in line with those basic design principles, like having a standard size variation for non-titan characters(usually Inika size build).

And I don’t like modifying pieces like cutting or gluing, and personally since I don’t have a huge array pieces at my disposal and I tend to reuse pieces I don’t like coloring them either. Now that I know how to use BrickLink though that may change in the future. What a miracle of the internet that website is.

4 Likes

I agree with all of those and I’d say I try to adhere to them myself

1 Like