What character designs have influenced/inspired your MOCing aesthetic?

From TV shows, cartoons, and or video game art styles, what influenced/influences the look of your MOCs?
For example, one of my favorite video games of all time Mega Man Legends has a particular mechanical aesthetic I like to replicate on some of my MOCs, more specifically Bertram and his siblings.

Bon Bonne from Mega Man Legends is a robot pirate from the Bonne family. His design and character basis has influenced Bertram the most.

Bertram with long arms and a bulky mecha build inspired by Bon Bonne

In fact, here’s the whole Bonne family, the reason the Bauer family exists in the first place. Though the Bauer family MOC’s are only 1/3 completed.

So tell me, what art styles have influenced the way your MOCs look?

5 Likes

I can only think of one example in particular, and that’s with my newest MOC, Anja.

She was influenced heavily off of the aesthetics and character design of Hollow Knight, particularly the beetle shells :

6 Likes

I can honestly say I uh…

uh…

uhhh…

uhhhhhhhh…

Yeah, I have no idea where I get the inspiration for my stupidity from… manga maybe?

8 Likes

For me it’s a lot of different things, and each MOC has it’s own inspirations. Gundam, Pacific rim, and various Anime, sometimes Transformers and the like.

3 Likes

It depends. Sometimes I just really like a design / character or I find a cool color combo I want to try. Individually it depends since I’ve got mecha, transformers, video games, etc. also sometimes I’m watching something and a moc based on it just kinda happens.

2 Likes

Honestly, just whatever Movie, TV show or book I’ve seen/read recently. Some big influence for a few of my Mocs were: Samurai Jack, Last of the Mohicans, Mad Max, and Fallout.

1 Like

Most of my inspiration comes from seeing a piece, thinking “I haven’t used this in a MOC before” and then building a MOC around that.

3 Likes

I still want to use the gadunka skull as a chest or somthing.

2 Likes

The last version of my SM was inspired by Ben Cossy and Gringat the Repugnant. I rarely get inspiration from non-LEGO media which sucks because it makes my stuff seem unoriginal

Yeah, right now I’m working on a rahi that uses upside down McToran feet for its chest.

i think jojo has inspired my third edition of my self moc

i think i’m inspired by other people’s gen one mocs

games, things from the internet, dungeons and dragons

I haven’t done much bionicle lately, but it would probably be based off of some gundam.

I’d say my style of moccing takes inspiration from sci-fi with its sleek and smooth designs, and ancient mesoamerican (Atzec) art and culture. Weird combination I know

1 Like

BADA BING BADA BOOM, I RESURRECT THIS TOPIC FROM IT’S DOOM.

well Art’s design is based on Altair from Re:creators.

there are other mocs that draw inspiration from media I like, but currently most of them are in the concept phase.

3 Likes

Mainly 2007 Transformers if not just Bionicle itself.

Mine draw from several inspirations, mostly sci-fi (Star Wars, Dune, Transformers), as well as from absolutely random stuff that just appears in my head when I’m making them.