What didn’t we see Bara and Bota Magna from Aqua Magna?

In the Glatorian arc, we see Bota Magna and Aqua Magna, while they were on Bara Magna. But then, why did we never saw Bota Magna and Bara Magna (at least, the two at the same time, we sure saw one moon (Bota Magna, I guess)), when the characters were on Aqua Magna?

4 Likes

Who’s to say they would’ve been visible in the sky at the same time, or at the times when we see the sky from Mata Nui or Voya Nui? We don’t know the timing of Aqua Magna and Bota Magna’s cycles around Bara Magna, or Bara Magna’s cycle around its sun.

2 Likes

If I had to guess, I’d say that Aqua Magna rotates similar time our moon, so that there one side perpetually faces it’s planet. The MU just happened to fall on the ‘dark side’ of Aqua Magna. IMO, it would’ve been cooler and more striking if we saw Bota Magna and Bara Magna from Mata Nui since ‘01, but it didn’t pan out that way.

An easy explanation is that they were just out of the shot every time WE saw the sky, but the Matoran did see them

The green and brown lights in the sky just didn’t seem as important as the red one that flies around making prophecies. Also the matoran on Mata Nui all seemed to get a severe case of Don’t Ask Questions Just Listen To Turaga syndrome

3 Likes