What do you guys think Takua's kanohi should be before his pakari?

I have a few ideas on what his kanohi should be

-mask of psychometry

-noble huna (for that one rare yellow prototype huna)

-noble or regular kaukau

Discuss!

4 Likes

I think noble ruru would be funny, because light, but I think 3 matorans in the future chronicler’s company having ruru is a bit insane, so…

How about noble Mahiki? Mask of illusion, that’s kinda fitting. It also goes well with the noble Komau that Jala would’ve had, being a similar shape and design.

Alternatively, I’d like to address one I thought was actually canon up until now; @Msw41’s choice, the Rau

Msw41 lists in his post here that he thinks Takua would have a Rau because of it’s symbolism with Ahkmou’s deception and Nokama’s wisdom, which I’d agree is a good choice

3 Likes

Maybe it was Avohi?

A slightly different pakari.

3 Likes

In one old story, I gave him a Rode.

I think just a red or yellow Pakari would make sense. As if his colour scheme just got more and more ‘off’ over time. And I bet he just lost it trying to get a doodad out of a tree or something.

I was just thinking about this myself, and I came to the same conclusion. If Takua was the first Matoran ever made, it’s possible that there weren’t yet all that many mask types to choose from, and the only mask we know for sure existed right at the start is the Mask of Psychometry (since Helryx also had it).

In terms of pure appearance, though, I also think the Kaukau looks pretty good on him. I’ve seen a few people make that choice, and it’s starting to grow on me (plus it kind of foreshadows his recurring link with Gali throughout the story).