What do you like about making MOCS?

I know this isnt a custom creation but i have to ask. What do you guys like about making MOCS?

4 Likes

The general experience, and that feeling when you finish.

4 Likes

I like the Feeling it gives you. And the question. What will people think about this MOC?

Changed Category ~ That Guy with a Kakama

One thing I really like about MOCing is the experience of receiving criticism and improving the MOC. It’s kind of fun to me.

5 Likes

Finally figuring out what to do with that one piece that just sits there forever, being useless.

4 Likes

Creating a new character. Figuring out what kind of person they are, and how they fit in the universe.

Like real life, but really low stakes :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

The ability to show off, and receive critique. Idk really, I just really enjoy it.

2 Likes

For me, it’s just having fun and the sensation of bringing whatever ideas I’m holding into physical form.

2 Likes

I like realizing my skills are bad.

oh wait, no I don’t.

2 Likes

It’s the nostalgia, I don’t always care about the end product, but I do generally enjoy building them

tinkering for hours to get the image in my head into the physical realm

2 Likes

For time,to past by faster

I just love creating things and making them better. What toy can beat the ability to make your own in any form you wish?

3 Likes

I really like building MOCS and working out the problems they have.

What I like about making MOCS is working on a MOC for days, and getting a great MOC out of it.

1 Like

There are several things I like about each step in the process of building. I enjoy coming up with ideas, then trying to figure out a way that idea could be made from the pieces I have. The calm focus I have when I am surrounded by my pieces and I am putting them together. The ending when I have finished what I set out to do.

Out of the three I think I enjoy the building process best. Seeing a character slowly become more complete in your hands is definitely why I enjoyed it so much when I was younger.

4 Likes

The thing I like the most about making MOCs would probably be taking all my pieces, dumping them on the floor, and being able to sit there for hours and creating something out of basically nothing.

4 Likes

I like the fact that I can make something awesome to display.

1 Like

Because the results can surprise you; you may expect to replicate exactly what you had in your head, and you may come out with something different, if not better, in physical form

2 Likes