What does the Greg Farshtey(?) emoji mean?

Hey, TTV MB mods and people. I’ve got a question that’s been bugging me since I signed up: what is the meaning of the :gregf: emoji? As in, what context is required for it to be relevant and not random?

Are you assuming :gregf: needs context?

6 Likes

Yes, I am.

1 Like

It doesn’t need context tho

3 Likes

Use it whenever you want to use it. No restrictions!

2 Likes

That’s not a mentality of symbol use I like to use. Kinda defeats the purpose of a symbol like an emoji.

2 Likes

It replaced the middle finger as a reaction. Now people just use it as a meme almost

3 Likes

Seriously?

1 Like

Yeah.

1 Like

Thanks, why somebody made a flip-off gesture as an emote/reaction on here is confusing to me. I guess it’s up to the individual to make a meaning for themselves?

1 Like

It was originally meant to be used ironically from what i understand, then it got out of hand and then GREG

4 Likes

Ironic…Not a word I know how to apply but I’ll just figure out my own use for it. Thanks for your help, EmperorDuckie.

1 Like

I am wondering what Greg thinks about the emoji…

1 Like

Perhaps my own personal observation, but I’ve somewhat noticed that :gregf: is often used as a reaction for posts with good lore, speech or story. Excluding this one.

How to use it in the post itself, dunno. Just go for it. :gregf:

4 Likes

Well, ask him on the Ask Greg category if you feel so inclined.

Also, thanks Monarth.

4 Likes

On my world it means hope :gregf:

9 Likes

Actually, :middle_finger : was a default emoji of Discourse, the platform the boards are hosted on . The TTV crew replaced it with Greg as a funny way of censoring it. Shortly after the reactions were first introduced, Greg was included as one of the reactions by popular demand. Often people will use it on posts relating to Galidor in some way, or as Monarth said, on posts with a good lore or story.

Or, like the hamburger reaction, it can simply be whatever. Up to you.

~W12~

6 Likes

It means get Gregged :gregf:

7 Likes

there’s no meanin’

It means love isn’t cannon.:middle_finger:

3 Likes