What else Should Make a Comeback After 2015?

I think that the only themes that should be revived are the ones that had unfulfilled potential over simply just themes that were cool. Themes that could’ve been handled better or were cut short.

…But by that logic there would be no bionicle 2015

3 Likes

I would love to also see Space Police and Johny Thunder. I wish they made another Castle theme, however this could still be coming in 2015, I just didn’t see any leaked stuff. I was going to say something about Pirates, but then I looked online…

5 Likes

Johnny Thunder in any shape or form needs to make a comeback. We got to see him a bit again in LU and TLM, I think it’s time for him to have is own theme again.

5 Likes

Space Police was an old favorite of mine, and while Exo-Force was a bit before my time, I’d like to see that return, too.

Also, Mars Mission. MARS MISSION.

My very first Lego Catalog I ever received featured Mars Mission on the cover, and the first few pages inside were pumped with the awesome Martian-fighting goodness. While I unfortunately never purchased the sets, I’d be extremely excited if it returned.

5 Likes

One word: Exo-Force.

2 Likes

I also would like to see Mars Mission return, but with actually good aliens with not just two piece aliens. Also one other theme I would like to see is the Vikings. They were different than most sets. One of my favorite Viking sets (although I never got it, a friend of mine did though) was the big wood fort. (This)

1 Like

Kinghts Kingdom II anyone?

12 Likes

I agree. It had almost as bad a cliffhanger as Exo-Force.

3 Likes

As a kid, Lego’s economic shortcomings in 2004 never occurred to me. But in retrospect, it must have been pretty bad for them to have to use paper shields for a year.

2 Likes

Knights Kingdom as a CCBS line

• This would be incredibly easy to accomplish, pretty much an exact replica of Bionicle 2015’s sets in terms of figures just with different chest plates, masks and weapons.
  • They could also incorporate the current ‘Castle’ style sets and have a line of brickbuilt castles for them that include regular sized figures

Exo-Force built using Mech’s similar to in Ninjago

• Given the amount of Mech’s Ninjago has plus the recent increase in Mech’s throughout Lego lines, a line based around these Mech’s could be good
  • Mech’s would be brickbuilt

Rock Raiders & Power Miners combined with Mars Missions

• The prospect seems simply enough, go to a distant planet and mine for materials yet discover aliens, the aliens being rock-creatures that come with varying sizes and have transparent body pieces to ‘build your own’ alien.

• Sets would be mostly brickbuilt and could cover varying vehicle including spaceships and drills

• If this does happen then we really need a slimy slug

5 Likes

IDK if that was a budgetary decision. It always seemed to me that the paper shields were primarily part of the gimmick (“knock off your opponent’s shield”).

1 Like

They should combine two well-beloved themes to make Galidor Factory :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like to see something that would last a few years. You can do anything with BIONICLE and Hero Factory but other lines are kind of limited. Not much you can do with Knights Kingdom outside of knights.

Exo-Force could be the best option for variety. While you’re kind of limited to using Mechs for the heroes, you can get creative with the concept. Heck, use some CCBS and throw in kaiju to fight, it could be fun!

Also, if any LEGO line deserves a TV show (besides BIONICLE) it needs to be Exo-Force. We could have our own LEGO (pseudo)anime!

1 Like

You say that as though it were a bad thing

Yeah, #Knightmasterrace

6 Likes

I say that because things need variety over a period of time. While you could argue Hero Factory only did robots, they did change things up each year.

Knight’s Kingdom, however, is stuck in a medieval setting. I can’t see what you can do with the line except for releasing different knights each year. LEGO Knights Steeds, I guess? (Which actually may be cool now that I think about it)

The one minifig we needed most… RIP Slimy Slug…

2 Likes

I moved a post to an existing topic: What Should Make A Comeback After 2015?

1 Like

Hero Factory is stuck in futuristic setting. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, KKII was just an extension of the evergreen “Castle” line. Designers can do a lot of stuff with that.

1 Like

I moved 3 posts to an existing topic: What Should Make A Comeback After 2015?

1 Like

We need a crossover theme between vikings and knights kingdom

2 Likes