what happen if vezon split himself in two?

say vezon accidentally split himself in two with the spear of fusion?
would he go even crazier?
would he have a forever friend now?

4 Likes

Dunno if this is possible but yes

2 Likes

They would never shut up.

4 Likes

Well he would only have a quarter of vezoks brain cells

I wonder what would happen to the mask of life if he had it on him?

1 Like

should i mark this as solution?
i was personally hoping that the answer would
be the third one /s

1 Like

I was actually discussing this with someone the other day. we both agreed that he would be even more insane, and the Ignika probably wouldnt stick with him

1 Like

I always rationalized the Spear of Fusion by thinking about the MU inhabitants as having coded brains. The spear of fusion took half of Vezok’s coding and stuffed it in a new body, but that caused all sorts of glitches for both of them. Someone with more skill in coding could probably go more in depth with this idea.

I imagine that the Spear of Fusion only works when the being(s) created could actually function, otherwise why would the GB create it? (maybe just morbid curiosity). So with this hypothetical explanation, I wonder if the spear would even work if used to try and split Vezon again.

3 Likes

The spear is meant to separate what is already there. To fuse beings together then unfuse them again. It’s possible that it only worked on Vezok because he was already mentally broken thanks to Spiriah’s experiments on their species. 2 personalities split into 2 beings.
Since Vezon seems to just be the “crazy” half of Vezok it may not be possible for him to be split again cus while he is nuts in the traditional sense he is actually perfectly sane by his own standards.

6 Likes

I’ll necropost since the topic of insanity has been brought up, and it’s a topic that interests me.

It should be clarified that insanity is not a medical term. At least it hasn’t been for around a hundred years. It’s a legal term for describing someone who is in a state where they aren’t aware of the consequences of their actions or reality in general, and therefore can’t be held legally responsible for their actions. (i.e. stabing a person to death while believing that you are actually helping the victim) Though Vezon is far from the most stable being, he is aware of the world around him and he understands his actions and their impact. Since Vezon is already a fragmented aspect of Vezok’s personality, spliting it further would probably either leave them both in a lobotomized state, or fragment the personality into basic instinctual identities. Maybe something along the lines of Freud’s Id and Ego, but I’m no expert.

3 Likes

Well, in one of the 2006 comics, Vezon said he had all of Vezok’s memories, since he was a clone of Vezok. So maybe the same would hold true for any “clones” of Vezon.

In BL4, Vezon used the Spear to separate a Rahi bug. The insect split in half laterally, each half having three legs and one wing, but still alive. Using this example, I’d argue that not everything created by the Spear can function.

2 Likes

The issue is that memories alone aren’t enough to create a personality.

1 Like

Sure, but he’d still have those memories.

He would split into to beings. One with overwhelming intelligence who would use his powers for good and logical and other who is so insane he no longer can form sentences.

above is based on the fact that vezon has strategic thinking of Vezok.

In all likelyhood however. Kanohi Olmak would probably leave his body. and thats that.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s possible because Vezon’s creation was technically pure luck. Greg said that the effects of the Spear of Fusion were random. It could create a whole other being or literally split whoever effected in half. I don’t think Vezon could be split.

Besides, there is only ONE Vezon!

3 Likes

That’s possible, but it’s also possible that he could actually be split into two more beings:

2 Likes

Or the Olmak is split into a transdimensional half-mask that destroys the universe.

And Vezon survives…

2 Likes