What if Rocka was female?

Okay, here’s a somewhat interesting theory: What if, when Savage Planet released, we got a character named “Daniella Rocka” or something, with all the same aspects as our Rocka, save for the gender. Would this have been good, bad, or would this not have made a difference? Discuss to your heart’s content.

6 Likes

It personally would have made no difference. The character would have been exactly the same aside from someone other then Tom Kenny doing the voice work.

I guess it would have been cool to balance out the gender ratio but honestly all these characters are just robots to me anyway, their “genders” are purely for marketing purposes and really don’t effect the sets at all.

15 Likes

That actually would have been awesome. Having a new hotshot rookie to challenge Furno, maybe having them tease each other and develop a sort of flirty relationship. Great idea.

6 Likes

Instead of having Tom Kenny,they would Tara Strong as The Voice Actress.

6 Likes

YES! That would be amazing!

1 Like

That’d be cool. It would definitely make The Smurfette Principle go away. The only problem is that since it’s geared mostly towards boys, they probably still would have gone with Daniel Rocka.

Also, something I just realized: Daniel was put in the lion’s den. Rocka’s animal was a lion. XD I can’t believe it took me that long to figure out.

2 Likes

In my honest opinion, I don’t think it would make any big difference or do a huge change to the Hero Factory story, but it would make parts of Savage Planet with Rocka and Furno become like a boy vs. girl of who’s better.
Granted it would be good to see another female HF character then breez but I just don’t see anything better or worse about Rocka being female or not.

1 Like

In the end, it wouldn’t have made any real difference really. However, I do think it could have been a good idea if only to balance out the gender ratio. Although I suppose that doesn’t really matter either, since HF is mostly marketed towards boys (although, does it really have to be though?) and by the fact that the characters are just robots. But I still would have thought it to be a good idea, even if it hadn’t made any real difference.

2 Likes

Rocka would’ve been like all the other HF characters…

3 Likes

Who thought this was a good idea.

1 Like

It’s just a quirky “what-if”. Not necessarily good or bad.

4 Likes

She-Rocka would be nothing but a gold-digger…

Eh? Eh?

9 Likes

He would be just the same

1 Like

Honestly, Rocka’s character would work as a female. If anything, it would be nice to see, but Lego’s target market audience is a bunch of tween boys who don’t like girls, so not likely. Honestly, If you changed the voice and the odd pronoun, Rocka could be a woman, and at least it would be feminist.

2 Likes

No @Toa_of_red_pins, even if Rocka was female, she’d still be designed like a masculine character same as all the other heroes.

2 Likes

Maybe Rocka is non-binary. Meaning they identify as neither male nor female.
From what I can tell, as robots, the heroes’ genders are up to them. Rocka’s design is overall androgynous, and while his name is Rocka, the character isn’t particularly masculine or feminine. Breez’s helmet has a more female look, but Rocka’s looks more utilitarian. His sets don’t have overwhelmingly male traits. Perhaps he chose the name daniel, but is comfortable with any pronoun (he, she, they), though for convenience most other heroes just use he for him.

1 Like

What even started that line of thought?

Whelp. That’s a thought.

But that would mean actual character development. We can’t have that in Hero Factory!

/s

2 Likes

HE WOULD BE LESS ANNOYING ( why all caps ?? )