What if Teridax died during the Brotherhood's peak?

What if big terry died while the bros of makuta were still powerful, instead of being taken out by an asteroid when the rest of them were dead?

Just a weird thought i had, wondered if any of you G1 lore experts have any interesting thoughts to add to this.

5 Likes

Fixed Spelling Error in Title - Wekua

Ha! Now I’ve done it too

I think the first course would be a Convocation. Icarax would likely press hard for domination through conquest, and I’m willing to bet he’d get quite a few backers. However, Mutran knew the ins and outs of the MUs workings, so he’d have a good leg to stand on as far as continuing the current Plan.

It would certainly give the Toa a massive advantage. Teridax never stopped hounding them over the course of the story, and without his breath on their necks I imagine their jobs would have been a great deal easier.

4 Likes

Keep in mind that Teridax was keeping them alive for a reason.

If Icarax took over, he’d kill the Toa just because he could.

If Mutran had the Brotherhood continue The Plan, then it’s likely that not much would change.

Honestly, though, Icarax taking control seems far more likely to me, and he’d probably have a legitimate shot at taking over the universe the regular way (until Mata Nui and the entire universe died, that is).

5 Likes

Solid point. So effectively, Icarax’ theoretical reign would be similar to the Reign of Shadows, but the Makuta side of things would have less an advantage. Although, as you said, Teridax kept them alive for a reason, even after he won; if they all died, so did he. Icarax didn’t seem to have that knowledge or at least didn’t care. So he might have just caused the end of the world, slaughtering his way through the universe.

There’s always the possibility one of the other Makuta had a plan that we didn’t know about. Who knows where that could take us

1 Like

Icarax definitely knew about the whole mask of life killing the universe if mata nui dies, he told that to Toa ignika, he probably knew everything else as well but just wanted to thwort Teridax’s plan anyway because he’s Icarax and hates Teridax and his plan with a burning passion. Most likely he knew but figured he would find a work around. I’m honestly not even sure if he cared about the consequences considering how close the plan was to success, that’s why he hectically began to crush the codrex and then tried to teleport to the Toa’s location during the battle with Gorast and vamprah and mutran, a battle he was winning, that was just how much he wanted to ruin Teridax’s position, but if he were more rational at the time and didn’t just have his guts just squeezed into his armor, he might have thought about it longer.

1 Like

It’s hard question because peak of Brotherhood is of Teridax’s credit. He was assigning the creation of most armies. Also he made the Plan. With his death before it came to being nothing would have happened to universe probably, Icarax would be too stupid to actually get the powers to stand a chance against Mata Nui allies.

If Brotherhood had the armies and the Plan, somebody could try and conquer the universe by attacking Metru Nui. Maybe they would even succeeded. But that woule be at a greater risk of ending pretty soon. You know, there’s a Destiny and it leads to GSR landing where it lands. That would mean in the timeline of Brotherhood successful rebelion there would be more toa destined to specifically save Metru Nui. Without Teridax who was canning enough they easily could lose the city pretty soon in another attack on them. And I don’t know other canning Makuta capable of taking leadership and act as discreet as Teridax.