What If The Ninja Became Sensei?

A long time ago, when the Lego Message Boards were still a thing, someone posted their ideas for Ninjago 2013. This was shortly after the 2012 premise was first announced…in late 2011. Someone responded to the topic with “We’re really getting ahead of ourselves, aren’t we? It’s not even 2012 yet and we’re already talking about 2013?” Anyway, part of the person’s pitch was that Sensei Wu was really old and retired, and the ninja had to become sensei themselves.

Obviously, this did not happen in real 2013…or any year since. But I still think it’s an interesting idea: Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane having to take up the mantle of teachers. Sure, they trained Lloyd in Season 2, but on that occasion, they were all sharing the teacher role, and Sensei Wu was still presiding over them anyway. If the ninja became full-on teachers, then that would be…interesting?

Perhaps each of the ninja would have their own apprentice, or set of apprentices? Maybe they’d each teach their own power (Kai would only teach fire, Cole would only teach earth, etc.)? That could be interesting…

5 Likes

I think the Ninja becoming Sensei themselves and training a new generation of Ninja could be a perfect ending for the Ninjago story. If that doesn’t happen, I’ll be very disappointed.

6 Likes

I agree with LegoDavid that that would be a perfect ending, but I frankly think that by the time Lego has milked out every last cent it can from Ninjago, it’ll be too much of a monstrosity for me to even care anymore. I kinda wish it had ended with the pirates one.

5 Likes

That, and maybe they could all settle down with their true loves. Kai with Skylor, Jay with Nya, Zane with PIXAL, maybe Cole with Vania, and Lloyd…well, hopefully he’ll be able to find the one. Maybe Harumi could somehow come back as a good guy, or Akita could come to Ninjago, or he could find someone new entirely.

1 Like

Sometimes a good end ending can kinda negate all the filler and needless plot. I mean supernatural was on the same road for years before finally ending recently giving both brothers their fitting end; if ninjago ever ends it could be interesting if they did the same and split up the ninja. Each could start raising a new generation of elemental ninja not just a single team.

Think power rangers ninja storm where if lego were to continue past that with a new team you have said team and the rest of the in training ninjas

2 Likes

so uh

you realize that the vast

VAST

majority of the supernatural community despises the ending. Castiel didn’t get the good ending the fans wanted, Dean died a needless death for shock factor, and Sam lived the rest of his days in grief, all so CW could keep viewership for some Walker Texas Ranger show.

And that’s taking it at face value and disregarding the way they treated the actors and negated all of the character development over 15 seasons of the show.

1 Like

Well I mean in theme the main 2 characters got a fitting ending and from what I’ve seen I’m not the only one who actually did like the ending. Plus the fandom on that is weird and I don’t care about behind the scenes generally

This is about ninjago anyway so that was just an example since it also had the not ending problem. Going back to lego it’s the same story; after everything the ninja had achieved the team breaking up and going their own ways would be a good ending.

1 Like

you might not be the only one, but I can guarantee that you’re in the minority.

And how did they get a fitting ending? Dying alone, after the whole 15 seasons were about how then went from having only each other to creating a new family for themselves?

well …

I guess if that’s the ending you want, to each their own.

2 Likes

i don’t know about kai, jay, and cole. but i think zane would go out looking for the next master of ice, have a few months of just him then get new students.

1 Like