"what is a BIONICLE fan?"

Very true. Although I will say that there are many fans (including myself) who knew next to nothing about the story when we they were little. In fact, I only started to really read up on a lot of the story in the last few years and Im 19 now! So there were many years I knew very little about the story, bar the movies which if you watch them as stand alone can be a bit confusing. I just want to point out there is not just one kind of fan.

1 Like

honestly, I was the same way(heck, I never finished MNOG, by myself[watching meso counts, right?]), but the movie stories and guides(speaking of which, on an unrelated note does anyone remember the rahi guide? I lost mine, to eternal shame.) were enough to keep my young mind invested, then I got the IGNITION comics, and realized just how good the writing was, and began to love the characters all over again.

began to love the characters all over again.

which is what I’ll do with the new canon.

4 Likes

They sell Roodaka pillows? Where?

2 Likes

The black market, duh.

4 Likes

4chan and the deep web.

It’s DIY.

1 Like

A fan is someone that likes BIONICLE.

If they liked BIONICLE at one point but don’t anymore, they fall into the category of a “former fan.” It’s not rocket science. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve seen people get way too worked up over the years about what defines a “true” fan, and using those categories as ways to invalidate the opinions of certain groups of people. It’s a pretty interesting circumstance.

-Mesonak

12 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been called many variations of “you’re not a true Bionicle fan” over the years either because I didn’t despise HF or that I liked 2009 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I agree, this is a stupid thing to do.

In my opinion, as I have learned and matured over the years, and especially by watching the TF Fandom, there is no such thing as a True Fan.

There is, however, a such thing as a True Geek.

And lemme tell you, the guy with the lame beanie with the plastic hipster glasses who watches Dr. Who, Sherlock, and the Superhero Live-Action Shows/Movies isn’t one.

8 Likes

Return with this and you’ll be fine.

Well, they’ll hate you, but you’ll be right. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m inclined to agree as well,
I despise the “no true Scotsman” fallacy,

I just wanted to hear peoples views on what a Bionicle fan is, not start any arguments or elitism.

(at least this topic spawned the “you know you’re a BIONICLE fan when ____” Topic :smiley: )

1 Like

Thank you Master Hawkflight :stuck_out_tongue:

1F U DUN SUBMITT 2 MY FAV GRASH BEIN BEST BIEoNAICOl U W1LL ALL DIE U GET REKT MATES.

A Bionicle fan is someone of all ages, of all genders, of whatever.
Who likes Bionicle.
They don’t need for Tahu to be their favourite, they don’t need to be a 8/8 MoCer, they don’t need to own a set, they don’t need to be a BZP visitor, they don’t need to be a person who never bought a star set and burn Hero factory sets because “Bionicle mast race! Tahu Power!”.

They just need to like Bionicle.
Like it for the story, the sets, the designs.
Whatever they like it for! It does not matter!
As long as they like Bionicle.

They are a Bionicle fan.

3 Likes

I’ll take ‘It’s a person who loves Bionicle’ for 200 Alex.

DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PRICE IS RIGHT!

2 Likes

Someone who has an intense passion for Hero Factory.

7 Likes

You!.. you’re alright.

1 Like

An entity who has a liking for bonkle.

Maybe were Boklites

A miserable pile of parts.

How has no one posted that until now?

Serious answer: someone who likes BIONICLE.

1 Like

A air moving devise made by Matroan.

BBBB55

1 Like

Someone who knows the names of all the Toa Mata, Metru, and Inika by heart.

Bionicle fans are called Barnacles… there… I said it.

4 Likes