What is the oddest thing in the Pokemon universe

If you have a dynamax battle between Golurk and Cloyster is it like Giant Robo fighting Glober in the earliest incarnation of what would eventually become the Giant Robo OVA (back when it was initially planned as a remake of the GR toku from the 1960’s).

I mean… not having the National Dex in the Galar Region is pretty odd. cough cough

But, heheh… much stranger things abound in proper Pokémon lore.

Any of y’all familiar with Lockstin’s “Reset Theory?”

There’s meat in Pokemon and meat has to come from animals and the only animals they have are sentient. Kind of messed up if you ask me.

Well, so are animals IRL. We eat cows, and cows are sentient, and self-aware.

Did you mean Saipient? (Human like. Think classic sci-fi aliens)

I mean to be fair Pokemon being eaten is common knowledge. Farfetched for example have been hunted to near extinction, and Slowpoke tails are a well known delicacy. Not to mention Pokemon eating other Pokemon is mentioned constantly in the pokedex.

I am the Mangikarp

Yes that is what I meant. There’s a pretty clear difference between Pokemon and animals in my opinion.

@MaxinePrimal it’s still an odd thing to me.

To be honest, I’d say only about 30% of pokemon are Sapient, (pokemon such as Gardevoir, the legendaries, alakazam, metagross, Scrafty, Bisharp, etc.) while the rest are animals of vary sentience, with bug types on the one end, and more intelligent animals on the other. (Miltank, eevee, whismur, etc.)

That might be true but something still feels different. Maybe like eating a dog.

Cows are just as sentient as dogs. Dogs are simply more endearing.

If you eat a Crawdaunt, how is it any different from eating any other shellfish? (Assuming no major anatomical differences)

They have no animals there. The only thing they have reference for is pokemon. They would view pokemon as we do animals. Significantly more dangerous animals, but as animals none the less.

you do realize that people in other countries eat dogs, right? I don’t like it either, but it’s apparently not as weird as you might think.

This is probably true. Something I would like to add is what Pokemon are consumed and if there are some that are considered immoral to eat.

1 Like

I dunno.

We know almost nothing of pokemon religions, beyond ancient legends and creation myths.

obviously, the o great and mighty Oddish would be sacred to all. As is it’s due.

1 Like

Nothing about Pokemon world is weird!
Every day me and my two dragons, my dog, my spider and my pterodactyl go down to the park where we beat up all the squirrels and preschoolers(an actual NPC in gen 5). After that we bop about the lake, fighting all the other swimmers. After taking all the money they had hidden in their swimsuits we fly off on the Butteefree to whom I owe an immeasurable lifedebt and hang out at the bar drinking milk until sunset.
Totally mundane stuff.

3 Likes

Animals called Pokémon say one phrase over and over again and those become their names.

1 Like

Cats are now called meow

1 Like

Wailord and Skitty as a couple.