What is your biggest official BIONICLE set pet peeve?

Another pet peeve: trying to find a Inside Tour Gali Mask that isn’t $1,000.

5 Likes

Pet peeve turned into complaint, arbitrary exclusive masks.

Pet peeves are complaints…

1 Like

My first instinct is to say brittle ball socket pieces, but that’s more of a major problem than a minor gripe. Plus, CCBS seems to have fixed this, although I am concerned about the amount of translucent plastic G2 is using.

One thing that I didn’t like about late G1 were the blasters. At first they were fine, but they became more and more cumbersome as time went on. The only ones I really likes were the kanoka and zamor launchers for their simplicity.

Another pet peeve I have is the piraka torso. It worked fine for the Piraka, but only because the back was covered up. Without any spine or armor, it looks unfinished. Why they left Kalmah and Hahli Mahri’s torso’s completely bare and exposed baffles me. The piece could have at least been turned around.

2 Likes

Probably because the traditional armor pieces were only able to fit on beam-type connections available on upper limbs. They tried re-purposing a claw for Lesovikk, but it admittedly looks awkward

The way it’s positioned on Kalmah and Hahli are supposed bring the arms back a notch for whatever reason, but yeah it does look unfinished with the pinholes all exposed

1 Like

Never getting a G1 Mask of Creation.

Kongu was a Toa of Air but he never had any way for him to fly or even glide.

For the Inika, he should have had the Kanohi Kadin instead of Nuparu

For the Mahri, he should of at least had Hahli’s fins

The lack of articulation on the sets of 01-03 bothers me, and the floppy gear functions are annoying as well. I also hate the overuse of gold on the G2 sets, since it makes it harder to acquire silver piston add-ons and unity pieces.

4 Likes

In the Command Toa Kongu game, he did use his empty cordak blasters for propulsion by blasting out air bubbles

3 Likes

I hate those 2008-10 ball joints that broke too easily

1 Like

When the softer plastic starts warping and chipping apart.

And Squeaky gears and joints.

When arms are asymmetrical.

The 2015 Toa torsos are not my cup of tea. While they have a working gear function, and back coverage, they also have exposed ball joints, gappy-ness, and just a really clunky look that doesn’t work with me.

The Uniters fixed that problem, but then they created a new one. The waist function was a little faulty, but what was worse for me was the fact that the torso armor didn’t cover the lower half of the torso, making the torso look extremely long.

1 Like

All Mata arms.

Either you can move them to the front and back but not side to side, or vice versa.

2 Likes

You can reorient the hand connectors though

Which then brings the shoulders either up or down.

Solek

That’s not a joke i genuinely hate solek

Do not double post. -Eljay

Easy to fix set-breaking problems is kinda the biggest one for me. I don’t care for many sets outside of the parts they give me. But the limbs in 2016 were some of the worst things I have ever seen.