What is your favorite EU Star Wars book?

There are hundreds of non-canon EU book and some canon ones too. Whether it’s canon or not, what is your favorite Star Wars EU book?

http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=jpg&width=480

15 Likes

Tarkin. Oh, wait, that’s canon.
I like the Jedi Apprentice series.

best Edit that
since it is ALL NON CANON

1 Like

There are canon books. Tarkin, That one with Ventress and Quilian Vos, and that one Sith one.

1 Like

and Dash Rendars Ship

@renki_peka LOL I love ewoks.

@Huntere_the_Toa_of_Air I liked both of them but Jedi Apprentice more.

@Whaddon Lol true the best ones are non-canon now.

2 Likes

Absolute favorite? Either Republic Commando: Triple Zero by Karen Traviss, OR Kenobi by John Jackson Miller. Kenobi needs to be made into one of the anthology films gosh darn it!

2 Likes

I’d say one of the coolest EU book I’ve read would be "Outbound Flight" by Timothy Zahn.

2 Likes

I dunno why, but I always enjoyed the prequel books, mostly because I never really liked most of the expansion of the Star Wars universe after Return of the Jedi. I just hate a lot of Post-ROTJ EU books. They get REALLY weird. Except for Thrawn. Thrawn is amazing.

I like some of the series focusing on Anakin’s and Obi-Wan’s adventures in the Ep 1-2 time gap, or reading things on Count Dooku.

3 Likes

I think I remember reading 1 of the Thrawn books. I can’t remember which one though. In any case, any of Zahn’s work I would definitely recommend. Another series set in the old republic I enjoyed was the Darth Bane trilogy.

1 Like

Love the Republic Commando ones, they’re great

1 Like

Starfighters of Adumar.

Only SW EU book I would recommend to non-star wars fans. It’s technically part of a series, but it’s a great standalone book on its own.

@Baldric I’ve heard the thrawn trilogy is really good I want to read them.

@Chronicler I’ve read some of TPM book and is was actually good.

@prentice1215 rentice1215 I’ve heard that Kenobi is good and I wanna read that one too.

@Winterstorm345 Did you read any written by Alan Dean Foster? I really like him writing SW books, he wrote the novelization for TFA and it was great.

Some of my new favorites would have to be Kenobi and Death Star.