What Makes Hero Factory So Lame?

In my opinion, mainly it’s simple, inconsistent, and kid-friendly story. And a FACTORY!?!? Heroes are born, not manufactured.

It did kind of get a bad rap, though, everyone thinking of it as the butcher of Bionicle. Don’t get me wrong, though, it still sucks.

3 Likes

Everything, that is all

The only HF sets I bought were the first wave in 2010 and I was pretty unimpressed with them but I think the newer sets are really good even though I don’t buy them. I got a few comics from Lego Club magazines so I’ve read them and the story was dull as hell. Hero Factory very much appeals to young kids.

the thing is hero factory wasn’t all that bad 3.0 was terrible and all that but it was simple the entertainer before bionicle returns in 2015. and all hero factory haters are lame

WARNING: Extremely long comment ahead!

To be quite honest, my opinion of Hero Factory has had several stages. My first stage was just total rage and hate, due to it being BIONICLE’s replacement and end. Then, later, I just accepted it and decided it actually wasn’t all that bad. Oh sure, the show was stupid enough, almost as bad as Chima, and the sets weren’t initially all that good, something that I have actually disproven recently because I obtained the original Stormer set with an order of parts off of eBay, and realized just how much personality and detail they gave him…just to make him the stereotypical leader tough guy in the show. Then 2.0 came around. I didn’t actually get any of the sets from that year until after 3.0, but I was quite interested, but was really wishing you could just look at any of the figures without a namecard, and say, “Hey! That’s Furno! Look at his helmet!” This was probably because BIONICLE always had that factor. The Hau has always looked like a Hau. Enough said. Then 3.0 happened. I am going to say something that a lot of people are going to dislike. I liked 3.0 quite a bit. In fact, my first Hero Factory set was Furno 3.0. I really loved the style and feel it had, although the “movie” was complete rubbish in almost every way. Once again, however, you couldn’t look at any of those characters and tell they were who they were supposed to be. Breakout, however, blew the other years away, in my opinion. We got recognizable characters, cool new Thornax Blaster molds, and some really solid looking sets. I have the Evo set from Breakout, and to note, I think it’s the best Hero Factory set yet! Then Brain Attack happened. Recognizable helmets, sure, but the visors don’t work on most of them. The worst part? LEGO was taking something seriously major from BIONICLE. Rubberized mind controlling parasites sent by some mysterious villain whose name we don’t know? Sounds an awful lot like Kraata send by Makuta doesn’t it? Krana? Heck, even the Mistika Makuta’s Nynrah to an extent, served the same purpose of controlling the enemy. Then Invasion from Below came along, and I started getting suspicious. Once again, the quality had gone down for the most part, but things were getting closer and closer to a BIONICLE style. We had spiders, like Visorak, we had Machines, or rather Exo-Toa, and then…we got a leak showing BIONICLE sets with miniature spiders as the villains. I’m pretty sure that Hero Factory was nothing more than a test run of a new building system to replace the Inika Build, but placed in another theme so as not to alienate the current fans, allowing them time to get used to it. I don’t hate Hero Factory anymore. If I am correct, than it has done its job, and done it well.

6 Likes

It’s just that the Hero Factory had all those new pieces and those were very hard compatible with Bionicle pieces.

the joke is getting old plz stop

1 Like

it never will

1 Like

NO CREATIVITY!!! They are skeletons with armor, you just have to clip on the armor. there is no creativity. My friend bought jet rocka, and he couldnt build it, it was too complicated!! It was so easy for me! (being a bionicle fan). LEGO has taken away the complicatedness. The new generation (being those born in HF world) will never understand true building systems.btw, he had jet rocka for two months, and couldnt do it, so i had to build it for him

Edited for double post- Star

btw, he had jet rocka for two months, and couldnt do it, so i had to build it for him

Growing up buying BIONICLE sets, I actually had a tough time building the complex sets, so I don’t really have an issue with HF being simpler. I don’t think they need to be complex to be aesthetically pleasing (to an extent). :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, it’s not like all HF sets are like that, the older titans like Rotor and Von Nebula are similar in style to BIONICLE titans.

4 Likes

yes, i used to buy hero factory, and i had von nebula, and the six first heroes, as well as blue rotor, xplode, and meltdown, but is stopped at evo 2.0 and the other new 2.0 dude. then it became crap with skeleton builds and stuff. the years just went down from there. the only exception is the year with the witch doctor, the heroes were cool there. Everything else was crap.

I have a whole rant devoted to this topic.

What went wrong with HF was the fact that there was wasted potential with the story. While it wasn’t the masterpiece Slizers was (:P) it was still fairly decent up until now. Breakout could’ve led into an over-arching plot with Brain Attack tying into it with them discovering that Von Nebula was just trying to clean up his mess from the previous year. While it didn’t do that, they could’ve easily tied what happened with the Kaiju, erm, beasts with what happened previously.

So there’s an edited version of my rant. The sets were cool, HF is cool, long live Tuma.

2 Likes

I really disagree with that, I bought up to Breakout and I will agree the 2.0s weren’t that good, however the 3.0s were much better even if they were fairly similar. Also with Breakout the introduced the bigger and smaller heroes and those are even better than the 2.0/3.0s despite a lot of it being “skeleton builds.”

1 Like

yes, the 3.0 are the ones im talking about that were cool, with the animalistic stuff. good year, i might buy them on ebay. but i hated 2.0, as well as brain attack (a complete rip-off of bionicle 2002 krana!!). invasion from below sucked as well, and i think you can read the end of it on wikipedia. dont look at this screenshot if you dont want spoilers. correct me if they are not spoilers please.
SPOILERS (maybe) IN:

this IS the end of invasion from below, is it not? anyways, i know absolutely nothing after 3.0, so dont take it from me, but that sounds like an ending. please tell me if im wrong.

That’s… not quite how it goes. Alpha team basically commits genocide and are then hailed as heroes. And then one of the beast eggs is stowed away in the Heroes’ dropship.

2 Likes

I have watched the special and I thought it was absolutely awful, at least when it came to voice acting I would’ve preferred even the stupid voices from the previous specials rather than the bland and monotone voices they had. I haven’t actually bought a set though, but every time I see them in a store they seem pretty weird, however I wouldn’t rush to label it as bad.

EDIT: I didn’t answer your question but that’s my take on their last wave lol, since you said your opinion it before that

i actually liked brain attack if you read the books you will see why i like it. and the brains arnt just krana they are independent, cold, calculating, and ruthless monsters. They will stop at nothing to destroy the heroes even if it means dieing them self’s… if you want to see the coolness of HF read the books by Greg F. you wont regret it.

as for the sets and pieces look no further than the heads they introduced there since you can put a pin in the front and the top it makes it so that every new bionicle mask from 04’ onward compatible with the HF building system with out having to modify the head or mask in any way!!!

so stop hating on Brain Attack!!! :frowning:

wrong topic bro

What Hero Factory’s problem is it used basic simple plots and such which could work but it never brought anything new or anything to make the characters feel real outside of ripped-off plot. This is why you shouldn’t rely on statistics for everything.

2 Likes