What song do you think encapsulates humanity?

Take the question any way you will. The beauty of humanity, the evil of humanity, the human mind, the best song humanity has ever created, anything works. You don’t even need to explain it! Actually, for the most part, not explaining it would be better…

Me first!

I couldn’t explain my line of thinking on this one if I wanted to. Something about it just feels very distinctly human, y’know?

Alright, now you go.

6 Likes

Handlebars by Flobots seems on point to me. Although The Greatest Man That Ever Lived by Weezer comes close

3 Likes

It’s My Life, and Livin’ On a Prayer by Bon Jovi, and Somewhere Over the Rainbow are just a few that also come to mind rickroll-roll

5 Likes

All of them.

5 Likes

“The End of the World” by R.E.M.

3 Likes

Everyone’s favorite Inika commercial song, Move Along.

I think it represents humanity because moving along is what humans do. We pick ourselves up and then carry on without letting the past consume us.

4 Likes

I think this song does a good job embodying history prior to knowing,

Also it was composed by a Welsh bloke.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Where do I even start? Here are two that I think encapsulate humanity:

The first movement made me actually-actually-cry when I saw it in-person.

Go to 4:00 to 4:49. Trust me.

Also, Fool by Cavetown and, surprisingly, Ray Charles’ version of America the Beautiful are pretty good ones as well.

4 Likes

i feel like i’m supposed to tag either @Cordax or @Winger but i can’t remember which one

6 Likes

The pina colada song/escape

You all know why.

4 Likes

Nowadays - “Bad Reputation” by Joan Jett (warning: it does contain mild language. Not quite words that start with f, but not child-friendly). This might just be me but I see a lot of people trying to look like criminals nowadays, as if that’s a good thing.

3 Likes

Don’t know why exactly, there’s just something about it

4 Likes

YO YO PIRAKA

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes