What type/genre of music do you listen to most? Favorite artists?

Just curious which type of music is on average most listened to by the community here. :smile:

Currently, I’m all about that 90’s gangsta rap… cuz Wu-Tang Clan ain’t nothin’ to f’ with.

1 Like

Classical. I really like listening to classical music.

3 Likes

Mostly Game soundtracks, and Jeff Williams.

2 Likes

After listening to Daft Punk’s ‘Random Access Memories’, I was like “I like disco.” And then I started looking up disco songs and I found out I don’t actually like disco. It was just Daft Punk all along…

8 Likes

All sorts of things. Classical/symphonic, jazz, rock/pop, metal, folk, and various sub-genres thereof.

Elo all day everyday.

3 Likes

Me too, but I tend to stick to one or two genres for a few months to a couple of years at a time, and then I switch.

Two Steps from Hell. They are a cinematic orchestra that create music for trailers

I highly recommend the albums…

archangel

illusions

skyworld

miracles

invincible

2 Likes

I use to like only Mr. Blue Sky, but I’ve come to appreciate them more in the past few years.

I don’t judge much by genre or artist, as I do by individual songs.

Like, Eminem’s a good artist, or rather…he was. Encore onward I despise, but most everything prior is pretty legit, as an example.

1 Like

I usually switch multiple times per day. :stuck_out_tongue:

@MaximumWarp ELO rocks! I love Eldorado.

@Nyran That’s probably not a bad way to look at things. For me, genre is like a kind of shorthand to let me know how likely it is I’ll enjoy something. I can still enjoy a few individual songs from genres I don’t normally like, and sometimes I find really terrible stuff from genres I normally love.

1 Like

Well I’ve been listening to that free U2, and that’s pretty good.

3 Likes

I listen to everything that sounds cool.
Pagan music, folk rock, metal, orchestrals, classic, jazz, rap, countrie and so on.

I usually listen to alternative rock, thanks to Cryoshell for starting me on that path.

I listen to a lot of soundtracks as well, and I guess a little glitch (an offshoot of dubstep that’s like WAY better)

Amalgamations, woo.

Yes Cryoshell is awesome. : )

I listen to a lot of movie soundtracks. They evoke so much awe.

2 Likes

You pretty much just listed every album of theirs that was released in the past four years.

Which is the truth. I have to completely agree. TSFW is pretty great, although I do tend to listen to a lot of other trailer music type bands.

I’m actually listening to Xtortion Audio’s Untouchable right now.

1 Like

Any of Yoko Kanno’s work.

Also whatever genre Arcade Fire is. I’m guessing both alt and indie.

I stick with country and classic rock.

Instrumental versions of hard rock, metal, and electronic. (Not dubstep per se, but general electronic music.) I’m also a fan of epic scores with choirs in them.