What was the main Idea for your SelfMOC?

Originally it was jango fett. After that I just wanted it to look very armored. I think I want to make a new moc once the jango fett figure comes out…

1 Like

Actually, I have some Exo-Toa blasters that come in turquoise. I used one one my WiP Self-MOC.

For my Self-MOC, I actually made a System version first, then translated it to TECHNIC/CCBS, while giving him a story that would fit into G1 BIONICLE. It is currently WiP, I have all the pieces, just not the right colors or stability.

1 Like

I know there is turquoise technic and Bionicle pieces but there isn’t any in CCBS

1 Like

I just want to make something mainly robotic using a Hordika head.

1 Like

Was going for a brutish blacksmith character who is skilled in making weapons, hence the amount of gear he has.

4 Likes

My self-MoCs suit of armor was inspired by Dead Space 3 armor, specifically the folding function for the helmet.

2 Likes

I wanted to make my self-mos 100% custom. My favorite color is red. When building my self-Moc, I intentionally avoided using pieces the way the were supposed to be used.

4 Likes

That’s impossible. No Moc can be 100% custom…right?

3 Likes

Well, I mean tot following the standard conventions of Moccing. Not having, say, a Mata foot piece for his feet, or a Glatorian hand piece for his hand.

4 Likes

Alright.

Time to go through every single named version of Ekorak.

And even the ones that haven’t been named in public.

Mutant Toa: A weird enderman-esque thing with overdone claws and a giant three bladed broadsword. Oh and a really long neck. Done because I needed a Self-MOC, and this guy represented me well enough in a number of aspects.

Toa of Perfect Alignment: Version where Mutant Toa decided to get fused with a staff that just so happens to contain a massive well of an energy type known as Perfect Alignment. Grows to a massive size, becomes a bounty hunter. Did this as a way to counter my original Self-MOC’s strange proportions. Updated it later. Was scrapped in the future, but the torso remained together because that thing was a frickin BRICK.

Dark Alpha: Possibly the second most well known version. Was my avatar on here for a long time, and was STILL my Skype avatar until a few weeks ago. Had this weird thing going for him, where he had one glowing hand due to something in-story called Synthetic Energy (a concept that has carried over to the Angels from the CotF universe). Past that he was a kinda just a ninja guy with a jetpack that nobody saw.

Master of Technology: Well you see, I wanted it to be 100% custom. I succeeded. I wanted it to be great. I failed. It was generic and to be honest, a failure. A failure, however, is not always without a success. It made something @Nyran likes to call “Glorious Legs.” It also marked my first custom feet.

ToaDemon Hybrid: Second 2015 form. It was interested, but never completed, and therefore never put onto any form of media. The people in the MOCist chat should remember it though.

Master of the Arcane, Lord of Fear: Though it has arguably the cheesiest name, this thing was by far…the cutest version of Ek. Ever. Seriously I loved it like a bobble head, but it didn’t work as the warrior he was supposed to be. But, on the other hand, he was from a species literally known as the “Demons,” and they were supposed to be kinda…cute, I guess. Cute in a rip your head off kinda way.

Predorai Warrior: The version you all know, possibly love, possibly despise. The concept was more to have a Self-MOC with alien proportions. Oh and he’s a reptile. Reptiles are freaking cool yo.

(this is probably disappointing because it’s almost 1 in the morning for me)

6 Likes

For the name,i’ve always been a fan of Ghost from MW2,and my Deviantart username is ‘‘Bentheghost’’,and i’ve always wanted to name a MOC with ‘‘Ghost’’ or something in his name.
And believe it or not,Ghosty’s design was inspired by this: Speeda Demon2.0 | Flickr
at the time i had just ordered my trans-black kaukau,and it was on another crappy MOC back then. when building Ghosty,i started to think the mask looked a bit gunmetal-ish,so i tried it on,and thus,Ghosty was born. q:

1 Like

I wanted the current version of Stoax to resemble that of a special forces soldier, condidering that in my story he is a rookie agent for The Hand of Arthaka. So, I gave him body armor that kinda resembles an elite or juggernaut, what with the raised silver piece on his back and all. And though his mask power is telekinesis, I like Pohatu so I gave him a Kakama. As far as color scheme and weaponry are concerned, brown is my favorite color and the common color used for a Toa of Stone whereas his weapon, The Giga Pick, seemed appropriate for a Toa of Stone. He also has an axe because his name is Stoax (Stow-axe).

1 Like

Well, funny to say about my self MOC Boltrax aka Bythalis, which I’m posting soon to here.

Mainly the idea started with yellow swords (which I have bunch of them like 12 in total). There are three character inspirations that I built him, Deadpool, because of those volt SMGs and his cool-weird personality, Roronoa Zoro, because of his three swords so I gave four katana swords for Boltrax, and finally, Raiden from MGS Revengeance, because of his incredible momentum and his great speed.

I originally wanted to give him a different color scheme, but I decided to not paint those katanas (or order other colored katanas). Turned out that he’s yellow in final version, yet I have also explained his origins. And he’s element is lightning, which again, there is a origin of his past.

The head for Boltrax I gave him Evo 5.0 “helmet”, because honestly, that helmet is my favourite one of all of HF BA series. This may be stupid, but instead calling this helmet, I say mask nowadays. Oh, and his ability is impact type, Kanohi Ilikari, Mask of Impacts. This idea was basically from The Hobbit 3 movie, Saruman fights those ghost thingies (can’t remember the name of them xP) and sends them kinda like they’re flying by the touch. The second inspiration is from One Piece Lucci character, who used Rokugan (inner way) for close combat against Luffy. I thought that was epic and cruel also >w< I also gave him the strongest ability for him, Lighting Bulletstorm. The inspiration of Lighting Bulletstrom is Luffy’s Jet Gatling who finished Lucci with his extreme speed of hundreds of punches (except Boltrax isn’t that stretchy). In other words, he’s skilled ninja (because I love ninja’s) and also martial arts type Toa

Final trivia here, his name, you may think that Boltrax’s name was an inspiration from my screen name. Actually, that’s incorrect. Boltrax’s name was originally meant to replace Dragon Bolt’s name, because it wasn’t unique enough (and DB is kinda cool name, but didn’t impressed me). Originally I was planning to join to dA in 2013 and post some HF revamps, sadly, I joined to dA community next year, which that caused some minor changes. Long story, don’t ask me xP

4 Likes

I wanted something slightly exaggerated in the proportions department and at the same time at least slightly Knightly.

I tried to get something regal yet worn and still armored via the coat tails and cape.

And the silver armor was an obvious choice for my Knightly desires.

3 Likes

Well the one I’m currently working on (Sorry @Ventum, the head looked like crap so I’m redoing that =P) I had a few ideas.

I was slightly influenced by the Republic Commando Katarn armor, especially for how I built the legs. I really wanted that same sort of armor vibe.

But then I was also influenced by ye olde knights and Destiny armor, to have a variety of similar-looking textures.

And then the rest of the character was based off the story that I have for him
#notaBIONICLEstory

4 Likes

Join me brother

4 Likes

I mostly just tried to make my Self-MOC an average-to-somewhat short Toa. As for things from myself that I incorporated into it I put some blue, being my favorite color as well as my eye color. I chose the element of Sonics because I am musically inclined and for the fact that I always seem to have better hearing than most. Maybe it’s because I don’t use headphones all that much. :stuck_out_tongue:
I also tried to make him kind of skinny, which I am. I also made his legs a little bit longer proportionally because my legs are longer in proportion to the rest of my body.

1 Like

I see…but why did he become a inika build in your Vlog series??

What do you mean exactly?

1 Like

he changed… in the tralier and in the first few episodes he had a custom torso…and now he doe’int?