What was your first Bionicle set ever?

Don’t actually remember. But I can narrow it down to one of four Toa Mata or three Mctoran.
Could’ve been Tahu, Lewa, Gali, Kopaka. Or Jala, Maku or Kongu.

I actually remember how I got Pohatu and Matoro in 02. And didn’t get the other 01 sets till after G1 ended.

4 Likes

One of my earliest memories as a human being was getting Lewa and Kopaka Mata.

6 Likes

2001 Gali

Now, usually blue is my least favourite colour, but for Bionicle, gimme the blue one.

Shame I don’t have Kiina (underrated set), and I only recently ordered 2007 Hahli from bricklink.

Now all I need is someone to 3D model SpecterL’s faxon. I could go “fine, I’ll do it myself”, but I’m too dayum busy.

5 Likes

I was (surprisingly) never into bionicle G1, so my first set was a protector of jungle that I saw in target one day

7 Likes

If it counts, then it was the dust Roborider - not just one, but two for whatever reason! Still have both and I like them very much.

For Bionicle specifically, it was Kohrak and Hakann (without his spine). No idea where they came from, but I’ve had them for a very long time.

4 Likes

I got Ackar when i was a little kid

He was my “red one i had as a kid”

5 Likes

Ackar was also the first red one I had when I was a kid.

Got Malum shortly after that, though.

6 Likes

Gali mata

Yeah, I really liked the blue Bionicle… except Nokama. Yes I knew they were all female.

No I didn’t get Kiina. Didn’t like her back in 2009. I’ve since changed my mind and wish I got Kiina after looking at SpecterL’s illustrations and later at the instructions.

And yes, Hahli was my first waifu. Still is.

7 Likes

Mine were Kopaka Mata and Guurahk, both of which I got from a neighbor. I suspect my older brother already had some sets by then, as he has all the Bohrok-Kal and they came out before the Rahkshi…

January:

April:

January:

April:

January:

April:

It’s good to get this stuff corroborated, @iylv. Although this is news:

=P

4 Likes

I genuinely don’t remember which threads I’ve replied to, NGL.

4 Likes