What would you do if Lego announced a new Bionicle Film?

The short animations are all going to have one guy voicing everything (narration and all characters), apparently… I hope they don’t do the same if a movie comes about, though I hope that they do keep the animation style.

4 Likes

I say this applies but only for the first generation of Bionicle. It seems that Lego wants to change the tone purposely. So something like this would match the new wave.

Well, the first BIONICLE movies were pretty epic, so I don’t see how the newer versions will be so bad.

I do hope that the old movies will be reshown on CN, Nickelodeon, and DC

1 Like

i would watch it. did you expect more?

3 Likes

if it had Hollywood production values like the lego move i would freak out.

3 Likes

When I was younger, the Bionicle movies and videos on Bionicle.com were the only ways I understood the Bionicle story because I didn’t read the books (much) or the comics.

I really regret that.

These days, I think that those Bionicle movies were a fairly poor representation of what Bonicle was.
They messed up canon, tweaked personalities, didn’t follow the set designs, and put moving mouths and eyebrows on masks!
There were many cliches in them too.

They had some good music though.

But of course I’d still watch it.

2 Likes

[quote=“TheEsquire, post:27, topic:4176, full:true”]
Today, I find that the Bionicle movies were a fairly poor representation of what Bonicle was.[/quote]
Today!?

5 Likes

Well yes… tropes are in the vast majority of things, especially if a given thing could be called a story … & TV Tropes has documented many, many tropes.

2 Likes

Perhaps I meant that they had many cliches.

2 Likes

MoL: Why are they literally following the light that is being emitted by the eponymous Mask? Most of the time in the movie it points exactly where it is facing.
I can easily forgive the Mask gaining facial features/abilities, and so on, but they didn’t really show that it could point any distinct way. It probably seems a silly point, but I knew a fair few people who found that a big turn off.

LoMN: wait… for all the intelligence that Makuta has, he’s wasting time with the Mask of Time, when his plot would work almost seamlessly if he didn’t bother with it, & instead focused on the only Toa that could really pose a threat to his plans…
He’s almost got 50 powers; he cou-should have been able to defeat Vakama much easier, and collected the MoT without issue.

WoS: yep okay, wait, wouldn’t it have been a bit more pragmatic to kill the Toa ASAP, & just brute force break Makuta out? Sure I can understand Roodaka & co not going that route, but was there nothing else Makuta could do but to rely on them?

All three of these movies just made me feel that Teridax was actually pretty stupid. The ‘issues’ I’ve listed have all been noted by various 6 year olds I’ve known…

Don’t get me started on the Legendary Letdown, but whilst I found the first three movies to be entertaining (despite some of the cliché storms), I’m not sure if they should be “rushed” into, I think it would be better for the series to build itself up more with a clear plan of where it is going before announcing a movie; so if they announced at this point they were making a Bionicle Movie, I’d be worried. I’d probably still throw money at it, but considering what we’ve seen of G2 so far, and looking at how G1 trailed off…

I would be very apprehensive, but I’d definitely watch it in cinemas unless it managed to be an Eragon level movie or worse…

1 Like

Well, there is an explanation for this one… the Fatal Flaw of the Makuta basically caused him to not take them as a threat at all, as opposed to barely any threat… and as a result, he attacked them in a less effective way than he should’ve which was probably due to him being enraged and not completely thinking straight.

3 Likes

of a toa seal?

that’s a pretty hard nut to crack.

5 Likes

Roodaka took a piece out it pretty easily.

1 Like

To quote @charyas “Roodaka took a piece out it pretty easily.”

& considering the how obnoxiously gigantic the horde is…
Honestly it seems like the simpler way.

I mean how much power was Roodaka possibly using?
Teridax couldn’t have found~called any others that were capable of breaking him out (that would actually break him out)? Really?
Using the Toa seems pointless, it’s one thing for him to go through a rather long battle without thinking of using more than like 3 of his (40+) powers, another to failestimate the abilities of his various servants…

1 Like

So, thought: what if breaking the seal without Toa Power would somehow have a really high risk of killing Makuta?

1 Like

What if Takua not putting on the Avohkii in time means he’ll explode in a mini Light Nova Blast in the ‘prime’ 'verse? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, why would the Toa Seal ‘do’ that? Looking at the Toa code it seems kinda odd but whatever, Makuta can take a good beating. I don’t see what’s likely to be problematic even if he got hit by the power of six Toa; he could (promptly?) possess something & Shadow eat a tonne of stuff, or otherwise grab a decent body? :3

But seriously, what what would cause the Seal to be so very damaging? Does for each hit it increase in chance of reconverting into volatile Toa~Elemental Energy or…?
Yeah sure maybe.
Sounds more like Plottonium in action; and normally Energised Protodermis does that + 10’000 other things :wink:

Thread derailment level: complete

5 Likes

True dat.

If that were to happen…I’d likely be the one to go around and tell all of my nonexistent and existent friends whether or not they understand. Then, I would probably be the one to drink that kool-aid and go completely carefree, saying everything is awesome no matter how good or bad the movie turns out…
Seriously, as much as I’d like to think I would show some critique, I’m pretty sure if they simply screened a remastered version of any of the old movies I’d still be jumping for joy.

[quote=“Oonie, post:40, topic:4176”]
I would probably be the one to drink that kool-aid and go completely carefree, saying everything is awesome no matter how good or bad the movie turns out…
[/quote]first time watching, I would too, but I see how good/bad a movie is after a few watches, I notice things that drive my opinion one way or the other.