What's Your Game of the Year?

With Baldur’s Gate 3 recently winning GotY at the Game Awards 2023, It’s left a lot of people to think about what their personal game of the year is.

Personally, my pick would have to be Pikmin 4. In anticipation for its release, I played through all of the previous Pikmin games, which was a real treat. Its gameplay is simple but intensely fun and I really can’t see myself choosing anything else.

So, what’s your game of the year? Some quick notes, for you to choose a game of the year, you have to have actually played it. No picking a game that you heard about or watched a let’s play for of course i have no way of knowing but still don’t cheat

7 Likes

What’s Bauldur’s gate :skull:

Looking back, I don’t think I’ve actually played any 2023 games

10 Likes

BG3 is my game of the year too.

2 Likes

Titanfall 2

2 Likes

My game of the year is Silksong, it was a blast to play through and I think Several of you guys have enjoyed it too-

Oh wait

7 Likes

For me, I think it’s still the old Battlefront II from 2005. (It’s the only game I play other than TF2 most days)

3 Likes

Half Life 3

4 Likes

problem with that is it’s 2023 and not 2005

6 Likes

Timezones amirite

4 Likes

Prey 2017.

And yes, I don’t care that it came out 6 years ago.

Or Systemshock remake, that actually came out this year.

4 Likes

I don’t play any modern games, so that’s the best I can do.

5 Likes

Does it have to have come out this year? If not, then mine would be Outer Wilds. I had it since last year after a friend recommended it but only touched it this March and wow was it an experience, the DLC too.

If not, uhhhhh I guess Gartic Phone being added directly to Discord was fun.

3 Likes

Fnaf security breach.

It’s an awful glitchy mess that ruins the ending of the story before and is full of bad design choices, but it is the only game ive played from this year. It gets (worst) game of the year by default.

3 Likes

Metroid Prime remastered has me by the throat

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen speed runs of this game and a lot of the simplest glitches actually work . As for Fnaf games as a whole I’ll stick to the first four.
My pick for game of the year just cause I don’t wanna think about it I say Tears of the Kingdom

3 Likes

Undertale Yellow.

(it’s the only 2023 game I’ve played)

3 Likes