Where Have You Found Old BIONICLE Sets?

I got Lehrahk, Lehvak, and a few others at a Flea Market last year, but the canisters smelt real bad…

I got the first bionicle board game the quest for makuta at a salvation army.

Kid-to-Kid.

I got most of my Slizers from one guy on cragslist for about a hundred bucks back in 2011. Then I finished my Bohrok collection via Amazon, and am currently waiting for the three Karda-Nui Makuta I didn’t already have to show up. (I had Vamprah, Antroz, and Krika; I ordered Gorast, Chirox, and Bitil. Gorast has actually already arrived, four days ahead of schedule. :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

I still don’t have Krika or Bitil.

I will have several unopened Bohrok soon, though.

3 Likes

Those are the same ones I have… weird.

3 Likes

when i was 12 or something the last toa mata i needed was lewa.

so my mom came home one day with him and she said that she found him off of the street from a homeless kid and it was his only toy.

i had a great childhood.

5 Likes

What.

Your mom took a Bionicle from a homeless kid and it was the only toy he had?

Why?

6 Likes

She may or may not have read @Kahi 's “How to be a jerk to the homeless” bestseller…

9 Likes

I found two bohrok back in 05,
in my local walmart.

why they had them on the shelf I don’t know, but I got them both, gahlok is on my shelf currently, the other is disassembled and sacrificed to the moc gods.

2 Likes

I found Raanu and Tardux in a grocery store in 2012.
They were in the clearance isle (or at least their version of one)
I only had the money for Raanu and for some reason he came with a black pin that probably shouldn’t be there

1 Like

http://s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/oIJtIRMi34U41HXYve_Frw/l.jpg
this place. I’ve found a Roborider, Krekka and Nidhiki, Ackar, and Bohrok (all at different times obviously)

9 Likes

I remember back in '06 or '07 my family went to Bahrain on holiday. We visited the Toys 'R Us and I found the Ultimate Dume combiner.
Best holiday purchase ever.

4 Likes

I’ve found the occasional incomplete G1 sets at garage sales sometimes. As late as Christmas 2012/Early 2013, I was still seeing Stars and Glatorian Legends at this store.

When I was on vacation to Hong Kong, there were a lot of outdour flea market stands selling a variety of shtuff. I came across this one old man with a ginormous assortment of “Star Soldiers” (bootleg Bonkles). He was selling plenty of Glatorian and Hero Factory sets under that brand. Apparently they were selling like hotcakes, and kids were crowded all over that single stand. When I questioned him about the high price of Rotor, he said that it was “a very beautiful model”, so I bought it. The plastic quality was actually not that bad.

3 Likes

I once found an assortment of BIONICLEs in different poses in someone’s front lawn along with a half-empty can of Coke.

Naturally I took as many of them as I could carry along with the coke before anyone noticed.

6 Likes

You monster! That could’ve belonged to someone! That front lawn is still that person’s property, and whatever is on that front lawn is theirs! Jk, I would’ve done the same thing. Our hunger for bonkles knows no bounds

4 Likes

W-w-what? Really?

…Well…that would explain why there was a kid crying in the upstairs window when I drove by a few days later…

6 Likes

A’right, you know why?
I can’'t go go a house unexpectedly, without invitation, unless it’s for a fundraiser.
Also, I’ve been begging my Mom to allow me to go back there; I don’t have the kid’s email, though. In the meantime, I didn’t feel like taking parts form his house anyways; it felt kinda rude.

GORDMANS.
That’s where I found my first Bonkle.

Oh, Nuparu 06.
The memories.

A while afterwards, I found Nuju and a Vahki and pretty much begged my mum to buy them for me. I got a Vahki for my birthday, and Nuju AND Matau for Christmas.

2 Likes