Which Krana-Kal do you think the Bohrok-Kal possessed?

In the story it was never revealed which of the eight Krana-Kal were possessed by the six Bohrok-Kal, obviously to allow for whatever krana you had packaged in your version of the set to technically be canon, but which variation do you think would make the most sense for the team?

My thoughts are that Tahnok-Kal, being the “leader”, would possess the Xa-Kal, Gahlok-Kal would have the Ca-Kal (to correlate it with Tahu as it is shaped similarly to the Hau), Kohrak-Kal would have the Bo-Kal (to correlate with the powers of Kopaka), Nuhvok-Kal would have the Vu-Kal due to being shown in the animations and making up for his strong but slow nature, Pahrak-Kal would have the Yo-Kal, as knowing stress points would work in tandem with his plasma, allowing him to utilize weak points to weaken structures and attack with them, and Lehvak-Kal would have the Su-Kal, as the enhanced endurance/strength would aid him in moving quickly and ambushing.

This would leave the Krana Ja-Kal and Za-Kal, formed when the Bohrok-Kal form their respective Kaita Ja and Kaita Za.

What combination(s) makes the most sense to you?

7 Likes

shiny

Here is the full answer. This is what we know:

1. Tahnok-Kal originally had Krana Za-Kal until removed by Pohatu and Onua. Bohrok Va then refitted it with an unknown replacement.

2. When Toa Nuva reached the Bohrok nest, Bahrag were already awakened and Gahdok says that they have already been touched by Krana-Kal Xa (which is required to do so). We then later see that it was Nuhvok-Kal who possesed the Krana Xa-Kal when it turns silver.

3. Kohrak-Kal’s Krana Su-Kal escapes upon its destruction.

4. Lehvak-Kal is shown in the online animations to have Krana Vu-Kal, but that is because that model was used for all Bohrok-Kal in those animations. But all the others it was shown for (Kohrak-Kal, Nuhvok-Kal) have their Krana-Kal shown elsewhere, so we can allocate Krana Vu-Kal to Lehvak-Kal.

5. We know what the Krana-Kal of Gahlok-Kal was thanks to the Kaita it formed with Lehvak and Kohrak-Kal. The fusion is called Bohrok-Kal Kaita Ja and is said to be piloted by Krana Ja-Kal. Since we already know the Krana-Kal of the other two Bohrok-Kal, the Krana Ja-Kal had to belong to Gahlok-Kal.
    [Note: notice the name of the other Bohrok-Kal Kaita Za, supports what we already know of Tahnok-Kal.]

6. Lastly, we see two of the Pahrak-Kal’s Krana-Kal, but they are never specified. However since we know the rest, this one is fairly easy to guess. Out of the 8 Krana-Kal 6 of them have abilities which are enhanced versions of their Krana counterparts, analogous to the Kanohi Nuva and Kanohi. But 2 of them have brand new powers specific to the mission of the Bohrok-Kal, namely Xa and Ca. Since Xa-Kal is already with Nuhvok-Kal, the only remaining Krana-Kal to account for is Krana Ca-Kal and that needs to belong to Pahrak-Kal. By the time Za-Kal is captured it reveals the Kal have already located the Bahrag queens - they need Ca-Kal to do so. This is supported by The Official Guide to Bionicle which states that it was indeed Pahrak-Kal who had discovered the Bahrag queens’ location.

So in concluson:
Tahnok-Kal - Krana Za-Kal + unknown second
Nuhvok-Kal - Krana Xa-Kal
Kohrak-Kal - Krana Su-Kal
Lehvak-Kal - Krana Vu-Kal
Pahrak-Kal - Krana Ca-Kal + unknown second
Gahlok-Kal - Krana Ja-Kal + unknown second (more in bonus section)

Here are the pictures of the Krana-Kal we know:

Bonus: Total of three Bohrok-kal had their Krana-Kal removed and replaced by another: Pahrak-Kal, Tahnok-Kal and an unknown third who encountered Boxors mentioned by Nokama (*but based on what we know and chronologically it had to be Gahlok-Kal). By the time all 3 events happened, Bahrag had already been located. The two Krana-Kal not present in the original line up Yo-Kal and Bo-Kal are noticably focused on underground navigation. It is likely that both were included in the three replacement Krana-Kal. The third one was probably Ca-Kal again because it would still be needed to keep track of the Bahrag precise location.
Pahrak-Kal who made the entrance would make good use of the Yo-Kal, Tahnok-Kal as leader would lead with Ca-Kal, and that leaves Gahlok-kal with Bo-Kal for navigation.

8 Likes

Nice, never noticed those details!

1 Like

Thanks! I have updated the post further. Now we have all of them!

1 Like

Interesting alternative theory:

There are two images I have found which show six Krana-Kal of different shapes and colors. The first is from the back of the mystery packs

Okay so technically that’s eight. However, one of the ones that has two colors is Pahrak-Kal, who we know swapped Krana-Kal.

The second is from the Encyclopedia/Encyclopedia Updated. I could not find this picture online, so I took a picture of it from the book.

3 Likes

A new piece of information greatly supporting my conclusions has been discovered. I have added it to my analysis post.

2 Likes