Which Takanuva do you like?

In the movie Takanuva’s weapong is curved as shown in picture one sort of like a giant pickaxe but in the lego set he is sold with a proper upright staff. Which do you prefer? I personally prefer the movie because it’s quite unique to what I’ve seen from mocs to bionicle sets. ~Detox

1 Like

you know, I like the movie a bit better, but you’re forgetting 2008 Takanuva and 2010 Takanuva, the former being my favorite

2 Likes

I like my Takanuva moc… But my favorite was the classic set Takanuva. I love his origional golden Avolhkii. His mask design was great, but the modern Takanuva Titan was pretty sweet as well. The movie version was okay but I felt like the only reason they modified his weapon was to play a little game of Kohlii ball.

Here’s a link to my Takanuva revamp moc.
http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/toakylerak-moc-takanuva/427

1 Like

2010s mah absolat fav m8…not really personally I loved the 2008 one

In the movie, Takanuva’s weapon was intended to be a kohlii stick, right? I really liked that idea, as I felt it kept a nice link with Takanuva’s matoran persona. Set-wise, I thought the titan set was great, though the lack of any gold elements was incredibly disappointing - at least his mask was in proportion to his body, though.

3 Likes

Golden Taka was always the best. None of this silver or gunmetal grey junk. As far as weapons go, I liked the regular upright staff but the pickaxe one is OK as well. The original Takanuva is the best.

1 Like

I liked his original weapon from 2003.

1 Like

I think my favorite would be the original from 2003. I like him to be a simple build like the nuva.

3 Likes

I think the 08 would be my favorite, if he had any gold on him, so 03 for me, but I have to admit the movie has a great color scheme, all gold, even his staff.

2 Likes

My favortie Takanuva was actually the 2008 variant. though he had no gold the titan form just appealed more to me than the others. As for the 2003 vs Movie version I liked the movie one more because it had more gold.

1 Like

Honestly, honestly. 2008. Even though the only version I own is the Stars (unfortunately).

1 Like

His 2003 is my favorite. He is the only one who has a gold mask and armor. Which I really like over the gunmetal or silver he used later.

1 Like

Color-wise, 2003 Takanuva is my favourite. I’ve always liked the gold and white color scheme that he had, both of which compliment each other very well IMO.

Design/Story-wise it would be 2008 Takanuva. I really liked the titan form that he took in 08, as well as the concept of him having to maintain proper control of his light and shadow powers (i.e. using up too much light power would make him become a Toa of Shadow); not to mention those dark temptations that he had at certain points (i.e. the temptation to kill Chirox and Bitil).

1 Like

I really like the 2003 set with the vehicle. I wish they had used something other than those useless nuva legs, but oh well. The only thing that slightly irritated me was that the Avhokii didn’t quite match the style of his armor. I always thought the mask fit better with the Metru armor; design wise that is.

The movie version always bothered me because they changed his staff into a scythe. This annoyed me because it broke continuity. It also bugged me because it realistically would be lousy in a game of kohlii; it has the wrong angle for the sport. (Makuta’s staff is excellent for Kohlii on the other hand.) I also didn’t like it because scythes are often associated with death and darkness, not light. So I prefer the staff over the scythe.

I really like the 2008 design. I just wish they had also had it in gold. (as has been said before)

The set’s staff is a lot more realistic and to be honest makes a lot more sense as a toa weapon

Color-wise: 2003
Story-wise: 2008
Set-wise: 2008 (just fix the blue pins and you got a pretty solid titan that matches that year’s them well)
Uh, sorry 2010.

2 Likes

Well on the one hand I really like scythes

On the other hand, scythes don’t work on toa of LIGHT

So I guess the set version wins.

1 Like

Official- 03
MOC- Mine.

I am mildly surprised that I haven’t posted on this topic.

Mah fav Takanuva is '08. Because he is the only one I got.
I actually have a funny story to go along with '08.
It was Christmas morning, and PFN and I were opening gifts. He opened his first, and revealed Tahu Mistika. I was sad, and jealous, as Tahu was my favorite at that time. Dad told me to open my present, and Takanuva showed himself to me.

1 Like