Which team of Toa are the most powerful?

Nuva are objectively the strongest as the Energized Protodermis expanded their power beyond the capabilities of other Toa. It’s simply not an arguable subject.

However, if all Toa Teams had Nuva powers, I would say the strongest is likely still the Nuva, as they’ve always been at the center of the storyline, though the Mahri are a close second.

you could argue that the inika has control over two intertwined elements, so they may be technically stronger.

3 Likes

Imagine if one of the Inika was a Vo-Matoran.

1 Like

The Hordika. Not the Metru, but the Hordika considering they were given bestial abilities.
@Eljay Please tell me about what you have to say for yourself.

1 Like

The Hordika were vastly limited in their ability to use elemental powers. Their only way to channel them were via spinner. They also lost the ability to use Kanohi Masks and mask powers. The Hordika were some of the, if not the, weakest Toa team ever.

8 Likes

I know that this was ages ago, but I was digging through Message Boards and thought I’d give an answer: Toa Hagah. The close second would be the Toa Nuva. While the Toa Nuva had greater raw elemental power, their power easily hinged on their Nuva symbols, which when stolen rendered them sitting ducks. The Hagah also had diversity within the team mask powers. Iruini as a teleporting medic, Norik and Iruini to sneak into places, Bomonga to give distraction and brute power, Kaulus to utilize Rahi, Gaaki to see in the future, and Pouks to give a power edge. The Hagah also are supposed to be the best of the best, handpicked by Makuta, and they also had the cunning and power to raid Destral.

4 Likes

Given that the Toa Mata/Nuva were THE Toa team that was built to essentially fix a disaster in Mata Nui should it arise, I’d have to give it to them. They have a dynamic team, arguably one of the best connection to the elements plus they also have training by Hydraxon. Honestly the only other teams I think that could come close to challenging them would be the Inika (because they have arguably greater synergy) and the Mangai because they have more experience and numbers (but if it were six on six that might be different). But even then the raw power we’ve seen in the Nuva is pretty incredible not to mention some of their masks are pretty powerful and they can share their mask powers which I think confers a huuuuge advantage.

2 Likes

I guess being chosen to safeguard Mata Nui implies that the Toa Mata are the most powerful and efficient team, but I still think they probably lacked experience after they partially lost their memories. As Nuva, I still think that their Nuva symbols are their greatest weakness, and while it gives them unmatched elemental powers, they still can be weak in a fight, shown when the Bohrok-Kal easily stole the symbols and crushed the Nuva, even with Tahu’s Hau Nuva active. I still think the Toa Hagah are most powerful, but that also might just be personal bias (Toa Iruini was my first Toa).

1 Like

No doubt their loss of memories Greatly impeded their combat prowess. I feel that the Nuva symbols being stolen were more of a result of their hubris rather than a lack of skill though.

Training that they forgot because their organs rotted inside their canisters.

1 Like

Yes but, their overconfidence can be used against them in a fight