Who do you think is secretly an av-matoran?

We know that Takua was secretly an av-matoran and many other av-matoran were disguised to other matoran types by the Order of Mata Nui so who do you think is an av-matoran? I think Midak is one of them since he’s the only onu-matoran that prefers to live outside in the light while the others prefer to live in the dark.

18 Likes

interesting theory, hard to say though, many Matoran were… odd in personality on mata nui, we know memory loss is a side effect from the matoran spheres, so perhaps there was other damages leading to these strange personalities

3 Likes

I believe it has been confirmed that Takua was the only Av-Matoran on Metru Nui, and later Mata Nui.

I’m having trouble finding the source though, so maybe I’m misremembering.

But, in the case I am wrong, I think a good candidate would be Tamaru. Just as how Takua disliked the heat of Ta-Koro, Tamaru disliked the heights of Le-Koro.

9 Likes

The thing with theories like this is, this isn’t the first time it’s been discussed - and thus Greg has refuted such claims… but in the GBA game, the Po-Matoran on guard duty disliked the heat and dust of the desert, and let’s face it, there were Matoran who could easily have been Bo-Matoran in charge of keeping the Vuata Maca trees. Nuparu was always as technically minded as a Fe-Matoran, but whoop Earth powers.

It’s good headcanon. If you have the inclination, make stories that use them.

2 Likes

I can also imagine Tamaru being a female av-matoran who presents as a male le-matoran.

1 Like

Midak would make sense, but as @TheJerminator said, Takua has been confirmed to be the only one.
At least we can pretty safely say Midak is destined to become a Toa.

1 Like

I am an AV-Matoran.

Even if its not official I still think it’s incredibly fun. Heck even other matoran of lesser common elements make sense to go into hiding. I too took note of Midak being unique and had some fun theories! Always fun to play with these concepts for moc-ing and story writing

2 Likes

Kapura.

6 Likes

My goodness I’ve always had the same thought. I’ve also thought Taiki as a matoran of sonics because he liked whistling, kind of like how Krakua liked to hum. And another stretch but Kai because strings, made me think of stringed musical instruments. DEFINITELY a stretch but I think it’s fun

Dalu or Ehrye. Both are really breaking with the elemental stereotype.

1 Like

Tiribomba, cause why not

3 Likes

“Hey, ya wanna see a magic trick?”
Changes his colors

definitely orkahm or tehutti

I’d really like if Midak were, but, sadly, he’s not. I also feel that making more of the Chronicler’s Company Av-Matoran would make them less special - they’re just weirdos. It’d also make Tamaru’s whole transgender transelemental thing more compelling, personally. Overall, it’s just difficult to speculate on who’s an Av-Matoran and who isn’t because Takua was the only one on Metru Nui, and we know very few Matoran outside of that region - seventeen by name, if I recall correctly.

1 Like

Do we really need another Velika situation?

What about just tossing a name out, kai? I have no proof but if i’m right…

Well, she’s not one, since she’s from Metru Nui.

Point taken