Who remembers set 8627 Vahnok Bohrok of Time? [April Fools]

In different timeline created by a Vahnok this was true(Also Updates at the bottom):

I just found this set on a flea market in Denmark.

Here is a picture of the back:

It is basically a normal Bohrok with some recolors.
I was able to find the following set description:

The Vahnok breed was created in a distant time. Like the Bohrok Kal they can act independent from Bohrok Queens. They elimanated their target, a long time ago. It is possibly for a Vahnok to appear at any place and time and it seems they got their power from a Vahi. The Set was made for the 5 year anniversary of Bionicle.

My copy of the set did not came with the instructions and white Krana Ja.
Here are more pictures:

I also recently uploaded a Video of the set if want to see it in motion:
The Video in question

Feel free to leave your opinions in the comments.

Post April Fools updates:
Yes this was an April Fools prank. I put a lot of effort into the boxart so here it is:

If you want to print the boxart yourself here is are some files for printing. I used the set number 8627, because there is no set with that number and two other limited sets in 2006 were:

• 8625 Umbra
  • 8626 Irnakk

The Barcode is also simular to real Bionicle sets, but leads nowhere.
The legal text on the back is copied from are real set, but incomplete, because I could not copy the ones with a non latin alphabet.
The backround is from Axonn where used an online tool to remove him.
I aditionally made some small corrections and added a hexagon pattern.
The product shots are like someone guessed made in Bricklink Studio.
I used a service to print the boxart on glossy sticker.
I purchased an extra canister on Bricklink and replaced one of mine, where the boxart was damaged. Additionally I spraypainted the lid orange(it surprised me that no one noticed that).

If you have more questions I will answer them.

25 Likes

Personally? i think that’s an elaborate fake.

The box render looks particularly suspicious. The render looks like it was made in stud.io
Comparing it to other 2006 art it’s lacking the “polished” look, plus the lighting looks a little too dark

3 Likes

I think you should watch the linked video.

6 Likes

check the date

8 Likes

That seems like too elaborate of a fake to be a fake. I doubt that the marbled parts on it are fake, because it would be rather hard to reproduce, and severally other parts look real.

3 Likes

In the time before time, my grandma said she would keep my Bionicle in her purse while we were in the movie theatre.

But our cinematic experience was not to last. Grandma’s purse was home to a bag of Werther’s Original® Caramel Hard Candies, and these would bind their spirit to my Bohrok, turning him into the Vahnok, the Classic Bohrok made with Real Butter and Fresh Cream

7 Likes

Never mind: it is a fake.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/lego-technic-motor-8627-never-opened-1838404382

This is the real set 8627. A power functions motor.

3 Likes

That actually is set 8287 look at the picture. I think the seller made mistake when they created the listing.

5 Likes

Ok. I see I did post the wrong link. Thanks for noticing!

3 Likes

Ooh very cool. I remember this great set
yes, I know this is an April Fool’s Day joke, but hey it does look neat

4 Likes
Ignore:

cough cough

3 Likes

The orange part is real, and so are the shields.

3 Likes

It is on Furno’s motorcycle. I would love to get it sometime…

3 Likes

Exactly

3 Likes

Yo I used to have this, I wasn’t sure if it actually existed or if it was just a figment of my imagination. My Grandfather bought it for me at a Toys R Us in Copenhagen for my 40th birthday :smiley:

7 Likes

what a day to find this legendary set, truly timeless

I always wondered why it never came with the mask of time tho, seeing as it was released in 2006 and the mask of time was old hat by then. maybe they just got rid of the mold at that point?

6 Likes

Bohrok Bohrok Bohrok!

3 Likes

well

i’m an idiot

5 Likes

no, you’re zork

I don’t know who this “an idiot” person is, but you’re certainly not them

4 Likes

Zork is An idiot’s dupe account.

7 Likes