Who should have a canon contest?

I mean those are cool MOCs, but I always imagined Great Beings as essentially humans in robes.

5 Likes

Ooohoohoo! I like that Kabrua. So similar to what I imagined he’d be like!

4 Likes

Frankly I picture them as being robed in such a way that you can’t really see any of their anatomy - hooded faces, that sort of thing.

So basically giant Jawas. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

That.

4 Likes

I don’t think we’re gonna get one for Mavrah, since he would just be a black Metru-Matoran with a purple Pakari.

5 Likes

Yeah, plus, he’d probably have a melded silver and purple pakari, which would probably be hard to paint.

3 Likes

Although, by the time the Metru met him, the color could’ve faded away.

3 Likes

I was just about to comment the same thing. :stuck_out_tongue: Combine this with small amounts of “screen-time” and you have the perfect recipe for enigmatic, distant creators.

2 Likes
  • the matoran on Karzahni who built the toa cannisters
  • makuta teridax’s original, pre-antidermis body
  • pre-swamp mutation krika
  • Velika’s great being form
1 Like

I would be excited for a Builder of the Toa Canisters. Also like the idea of getting base forms for some of the Makuta, though that may not be as high of a priority.

As for Velika, I disagree; the Great Beings were intentionally kept as mysterious, enigmatic beings, and giving them an official appearance kind of undermines that.

4 Likes

I got ya Terida(addy)x right here.

7 Likes

I will hunt you down.

nice moc

2 Likes

I see the Melding Teridax build as Terry’s original form just in black or his dark sliver.

5 Likes

oh snap, oh snap! you really just blew my mind. i never thought of that and im actually freaking right now. that is so on the nose and i love how true that legit is

thank you so much for this gift :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

EDIT: one other contest entry i’d want- a sister of the skrall

2 Likes

That WOULD be cool, but unfortunately melding Teridax had also evolved to the gaseous state. At one point his armor got damaged and he started leaking out. So it’s highly likely to not be the original form.

Y’know they’re described as being skrall without armor, helmets, or weapons, that wear cloaks right? Im always down for canon but I don’t feel like theres a whole lot to work with besides us just stripping down a skrall

1 Like

Showing what the Sisters look like may not be very important, but such a contest would give an idea for what a de-armoured Glatorian looks like, which is something that the original canon was missing; everything shows the Glatorian looking just as mechanical as a Matoran Universe inhabitant. Getting that biological element would be really good.

(And, for those who want Great Being contests, this would be very close to one of those, since the Great Beings are also of the Glatorian species.)

2 Likes

I don’t see the need for either contest, but designing a Skrall isn’t that egregious. There’s already decent interpretations out there that vary in appearance, such as BionicleChicken’s artwork and Double’s moc.

9 Likes

Oh I only meant comparatively its a bit lackluster to some of our other characters

1 Like

This is a shameless tease, but I’ll have a video in the future on this I think you’ll like :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

a pretty poor and nonsensical suggestion as they’re noncanon and not physically described but would love to see mocs of the three glatorian introduced in the 5th movie treatment

8 Likes