Why all the hate for Legends of Chima?

uh dude

nobody said anything here about furries

3 Likes

Well someone higher up implied that there are people who automatically implied Chima was…well that, i think they called themselves AlexanderBaronTredegar.

And the “The internet has ruined you” and “get your mind of the gutter” is really more bantering, me joking around and humor sorta like the dirty mind test meme like this one: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/b8/61/bb/b861bb477f237ef15d731721ff72e2d8--sleeping-puppies-sleeping-kitten.jpg
But i guess the joke was one me a little bit because i should have used other words to make it sound less confusing or whatever.Just let me edit my previous comment and there.

1 Like

Indeed it has, Ninjago went on a rapid ascent from Tournament of Elements, peaked at Skybound, and then was never the same since. Most of new Ninjago has been pretty mediocre nowadays (the exception being Master of the Mountain, which was an INCREDIBLE season, and to a lesser extent Prime Empire, which I enjoyed thoroughly). The Oni Trilogy attempts to recreate the success of the Golden Age of Ninjago (Tournament of Elements, Possession, and Skybound), but in more ways than one falls flat on its face. Hunted deserves every bit of praise it gets, but I feel that Sons of Garmadon is often overrated amongst the community, and in opposition to that March of the Oni is somewhat underrated. Sons of Garmadon definitely has its pros and a more cinematic and darker tone when compared with its predecessors, but one issue I find with the season is that Harumi is really not the outstanding villain fans make her out to be. I personally find her just an average villain, especially since there were vastly better villains that came before her (Nadakhan, Chen, and Morro come to mind here). Seasons 4, 5, and 6 really were the high point of Ninjago’s 12 year run, and honestly nothing can ever compare to those seasons. Skybound is my personal favorite season (followed by Master of the Mountain), while Tournament shares the #3 spot with Hunted and Possession occupies the #4 spot.

A natural place to end the story was March of the Oni, and I honestly don’t know why they decided to follow it up with the dumpster fire that was Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu’s Fire Chapter. And then we don’t talk about Crystallized (now there’s a disappointment if I ever saw one).

2 Likes

If I had to guess as to why all the hatred was festering, it would be the whole “replacing Ninjago” thing, but maybe also because of the characters. With Ninjago, you could put your normal, generic Minifigures in with the rest of the cast and they’d fit in perfectly, and there technically was no “required” theming if you wanted to build a Ninjago MOC. With Chima, all of the characters were animals and normal Minifigures were completely out-of-place, pretty much all of the vehicles and structures were themed around animals, and there wasn’t as much customizability with the characters - you could mix-and-match the parts from Laval and Lagravis, but it wouldn’t look right.

Again, that’s just my theory. I’m not an expert and was a really big fan of Chima when it came out (I was probably their target demographic, all things considered).

5 Likes

Isn’t it ironic that back in 2013, people hated Chima because it seemed to be killing off Ninjago and people didn’t want Ninjago to retire, but now everyone wants Ninjago to end?

7 Likes