Why did you join the boards?

Just an honest question that sprang up in my mind while thinking of all the board users who suddenly appeared or joined just to get the sets…

I joined this Message boards to see if I could make any new buddies, enjoy mocs and art, and honestly just for fun

your turn : P

10 Likes

I joined because I wanted to be kept up-to-date on the NYCC developments.

I never left because this is a great place, with great people, like MT.

5 Likes

actually, before anyone else posts, I’d like to ask @Chronicler if this topic should be allowed or not, seeing as people do sorta give reasons as to how or why they’d join on the Introductions topic… if judged appropriately the topic may get shut down

2 Likes

I joined because I wanted to share my opinions.

I fled because I created a monster. A secret monster.

14 Likes

Because I saw the announcement video.

I think it differs from “Introduce Yourself” as that ones asks how you FOUND TTV (possibly in general?). Although, one could argue that talks about only the channel.

I’ll need to get other Moderator’s opinions on this one, as I’m not sure whether it falls under the same one or not.

4 Likes

I joined because I wanted to share my opinions on a site that was not BZpower

and i discovered all the wonderful people here, those who share my opinions, and those who don’t but I can still be friends with

6 Likes

For me, I joined the boards because they were a much more tame version of BZP. I’ve had some less than desirable interactions with members there. This was a fresh start that is well worth my time.

2 Likes

I visited the site a couple times and after awhile decided to try it.

I joined cause I saw the video.

I joined the message boards right after Meso offered me a job as a moderator. Yep.

(I had been meaning to join prior, though I wasn’t really connected to the internet all too much last summer)

3 Likes

I joined because I wanted Ven to review my horrible Helryx moc, which I now know is very simple and wouldn’t make for a good video.

:+1:

:-1:

/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s

11 Likes

I joined after the live stream last summer.

Back then we only had the ‘I Hate Eljay Topic’ and the ‘Introduce Yourself’ Topic, as well as a few others. I joined cause I think TTV is a pretty cool podcast, despite me being behind about 12-15 episodes. It has led to me meeting a mysterious monster, creating horrible literature, and meeting a ton of awesome people. I also got bored on BZP very quickly.

3 Likes

I remember hearing about this while watching some of TTV’s videos, so I was curious and decided to lurk for a bit.

I quickly decided I wanted to share my opinions and stuff, so I joined within a few hours.

4 Likes

I joined this place to seek some entertainment. And/Or to cause entertainment.

10 Likes

Okay, man. This topic is OK. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I joined because I was hoping to find a forum experience with more folks with common interest.

My one and only other forum experience came from one where I had not a lot in common with all the guys there.

14 Likes

I joined because I wanted to be part of a community where everyone makes MOCS for fun and respect each other. TTV is that community. There’s never any negativity in this community and everyone is always willing to help each other out. Also, this community is like a Toa team. we may be different, but we all have a unity, duty and destiny to BIONICLE.

7 Likes

I joined the board because I had nothing else to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

(and my brother invited me here)

2 Likes

Hahahahahahaha!

Sorry.

• giggles *
    It’s just that that struck me as funny.

I was introduced to these fair Boards on the very day they were opened. July 20th, 2014. The day of MakutaFest.

The reason I joined is because I had zero internet presence aside from a pathetic amount on the CBW. And I wanted to become rich and famous.

14 Likes