Why do you dislike Nexo Knights?

You left out Castle (the one with skeletons), which would probably fit between Knight’s Kingdoms one and two. Also, the newer castle would probably take place between Kingdoms and Knight’s kingdom one.

there are a good number of things that i don’t like about Nexo Knights.

the heroes are one of them.

and their vehicles are another, because to me, many of the Nexo Knights vehicles does not even make sence, a large bike that transforms into a mecha horse?

and don’t come here and argu that Chima’s vehicles never made sence to you guys, because to me, they make more sence than the Nexo Knight’s vehicles.

the few vehicles that do make sence to me and are the ones that i bought as sets, are the villains vehicles (because in my head canon, they are not vehicles but large lava monsters that looks like vehicles) and for the heroes, the Fortrex and the hover horses.

why the Fortrex and the hover horses? Because to me they make sence. The Fortrex is a large, mobile base, and because of the knight theme, it makes sence that it looks like a castle, and the hover horses also make sence in that they are just advanced tech versions of normal horses.

another vehicles for the heroes that make sense to me is Alx’s Tower carrier, because it looks like a normal vehicles but with a tower that can be left behind.

unlike the weapon based vehicles of the heroes, which just look stupid in my opinion.

What about them?
I felt that as the show progressed, it did the best job of developing them for any Lego show so far. All of them feel interesting and rounded, yet flawed (except Axl, he’s just a bad character IMO). They also have good interactions.

I have some issues with Nexo knights in the form of some of their sets being super awkward, Axl being a 2-d and stupid character, Macy’s weirdly passive and secretive warrior mom who needs to stand up for her daughter, the squirebots, Axl, the really bad puns, Axl, etc.

1 Like

i don’t see the point, why not a plane that transforms into a horse lookin bike or something, the Mecha horse to me is just dumb. Because its just a land vehicles that transforms into a land mech.

i just don’t see the point.

if anything, why not try an make a mecha dragon that transforms into… say a tank or something.

that would be interesting to see actualy.

1 Like

If you think you could engineer this with a strict budget set by Lego, be my guest.

1 Like

im not a mocist.

but i still do not like the majority of the hero vehicles in Nexo Knights, i mean how does a large sword attached to a tank body seem like a good idea.

It’s stylistic. It’s a jet with the vague shaping of a sword to make it fit the theme.

I agree it’s a bit lazy but Lego has never been known for complicated transformations or seperate looking forms. Like this most of their transforming things look like one mode folded up. And then that ussually means that the vehicle fits with the general theme.

not really, in the tv series, clay actualy use it as a large sword that he launch from the tank portion of his vehicle, and he then go kamikaze attack on his enemies.

here is an example.

The toys are designed prior to the TV series. The animators can do what they want, but that isn’t what the creators of the set intended.

i still don’t like it, and why would they have it as a styled after the main characters weapons?

Axl’s vehicle is not styled after his axe, and its one of the hero vehicles that i like, because it does not have the goofyness of the other hero vehicles.

also, when one style ones vehicle after a weapon, one kind of expect it to be combined or be used as the weapon to a giant robot.

and i don’t think the king nor the black knight mech are large enought to use it.

This isn’t like Power Rangers…

It’s stylistic. Kongu from 2006 looked like some sort of swamp monster but he never did anything to evoke an aquatic style.

You can dislike the fact that it is shaped vaguely like sword, but I don’t see why that means it must function like one.

because of logic.

with Chima i can understand why their vehicles are styled after animals, as we humans have at times styled some of our structures, objects or even dressed up as animals as some form of respect or religious reason.

and ninjago did not style their vehicles after anyting.

basicly, i don’t see the logic of Clay flying around in a jet shaped like a sword, or Arron flying around in a different jet, that looks like his crossbow.

there must be some logic to why a vehicle looks like that.

This is about a technological kingdom with an evil jester that uses an evil talking book to take over the world.

Are you SERIOUSLY going to try to apply logic to this?!

4 Likes

yes

because Jestro and the lava monsters, make sence to me, not only because of the exuse of “Magic” but also because their vehicles are styled as demonic in nature too, so in my mind, their "vehicles are not really vehicles but larger monsters that looks like vehicles.

i mean Jestro’s “Evil mobil” have a movable jaw, so you kind of see my point with that.

and it kind of explain why their vehicles have faces on them.

This is the core foundation of the theme. You can say it is stupid, but it can’t really be argued with.

1 Like

So, you’re telling me
That you wanna take away any sort of individuality in the Nexo Knights vehicles
Because you are attempting to apply logic to a children’s toy line with a high-tech medieval kingdom where people slap on treads to a castle and call it a war machine.

This logic is pretty flawed considering many Chima vehicles are designed for war
And our animal-themed stuff wasn’t

7 Likes

Their animal theme for the Chima vehicles are not really based on war you know, if it was, the claws and theeth on their vehicles would have been used for combat, but they are not, instead the animal parts of their vehicles are more understandable for me.

also:[quote=“Soviet_Hewks, post:20, topic:23717”]
Because you are attempting to apply logic to a children’s toy line with a high-tech medieval kingdom where people slap on treads to a castle and call it a war machine.
[/quote]
there is logic to doing that, because the Fortrex is the mobile base for the Nexo Knights, and is similar to many other theme’s mobile bases. I do not complain about a mobile base, because i see the logic in it, and the fortrex makes sence to me.

i would not find the logic of it if it looked like a giant version of Merlocs magic staff or was some giant, floating base that was shaped like the nexo Knight’s shields.

There are shields with interchangeable symbols that activate weird powers that come out of nowhere.

It is nonsensical to believe that logic should be followed by at theme like this.

The vehicles also have weapons and sometimes heavy armor.

Tell me, how would you react if a new Vehicle that was introduced to nexo knight was noting more but a giant knight helmet on tank wells.

because with nexo knights, i should now expect that to happen.