Why do you dislike Nexo Knights?

Like people expect dark and edgy

Of course I didn’t expect a super dark show. I expected something better, so far it seems pretty uninteresting. Not a terrible show, but not as good as others in their first year.

A more dark and serious take could work, but the concept is already so outlandish I don’t see the point in trying to pass it off a gritty theme. Futuristic Monty Python works for me.

I do hope the show does improve in the comedy and the action. It’s alright now, but there is room for improvements.

4 Likes

Yeah, and the multicoloured heroes fighting skeletons and a green, black and dark red mask hunter isn’t silly?
Oh, not to mention the fact that animals strap onto their backs, and said animals heads form a helmet
That ain’t silly?

7 Likes

This isn’t really something I consider to be a detriment to the franchise or whatever, since it’s only January, and likely to change

but some sick music, like what mah bois The Fold do for Ninjago, or what those cool guys Finley tried to do for Chima before it was RIP In Kill, would be nice.

Seriously, though. Finley was like, way too good for Chima

7 Likes

The sets are ugly, and not very creative in my opinion.

Say what one will about subjective thoughts on ugliness or prettiness

But Creativity? I dunno man

Horse that turns into a motorbike?

That’s pretty creative, as far as I’m concerned.

11 Likes

It exists /s

In all honesty, I don’t find it all that appealing. The characters aren’t all that interesting, the story is meh, and I really hate those little robots, and, well, I’m not really a fan of the whole concept. I have never really been interested in the whole Knights and Jester theme, and mixing it with robots is weird.

But in all honesty, I just don’t care for it. I’m sure there’s lots of kids who’ll love it, and maybe I’m too old for it.

Although I m planning on buying at least one of the sets, just to see how they are.

Not to mention the friggin’ castle tank.

Bit of a low blow, don’t you think?

[/s]

4 Likes

I have a personal policy: if I make a complaint about a theme that I don’t like, I’ll make the same complaint if it applies to a theme I do like. I never wave aside a complaint because “It’s BIONICLE”.

And in this case, I agree with Rac. The NK sets look comical at best. BIONICLE usually looks serious, and even HF and Ninjago look serious. I will admit that there are some things that look silly (All the HF 2.0 helmets, Melum, Malum [Ok, the fact that those two wound up in sequence is a complete coincidence], most of Lewa’s Masks), and I will complain about those. However, with NK, EVERYTHING looks silly. It might have the darkest, edgiest story ever, but I can’t take it seriously because it looks downright goofy.

~W12~

1 Like

[quote=“21sselliW, post:30, topic:18172, full:true”]
Malum [/quote]

Looks cool to me.

8 Likes

As much as I dislike the line I can’t deny the sets are pretty creative, one of the few things I like are the hover horses.

And as for the music…All I hear is:

SKRILLEXO KNIGHTS: DUBSTEP POW WOW

6 Likes

Guys, if the shelves are stocked with NK, doesn’t that mean it’s not really selling well at all, and since Bionicle is harder to find, it’s selling really well?

4 Likes

The little horses are cool, and I like the idea of some of these sets
But then there are the ones like
“What if it was a big robot with a sword and also a shield.”
“Wait we need a transforming feature”
“Okay, the shield is a spaceship. It doesn’t really transform or anything, but it counts.”

1 Like

pretty much

unless lego fails to comprehend supply and demand

1 Like

Nothing.

Nexo Knights is perfect.

/s

Nexo Knights is a promising theme, with some fantastic sets and unique figs.

The only real issue I have with the theme is the show. It’s just not my thing. :confused:

Or the Major Retailers bought a large supply of NK so they can refill the shelves, but decided to lighten their BIONICLE stock.

6 Likes

Or it means it’s just now becoming february and some sets may not even be hitting the shelves yet due to what the retailers predict will sell.

The shield thing’s an afterthought, sure, but it’s hardly the focus of the set.

I think the merit of being a giant knight robot is cool enough in its own right, especially with really cool aspects like the shield chestplate, the Brain Attack visor canopy, and oh yeah, working knees and ankles. Something mechs haven’t seen in Lego in quite some time.

10 Likes

While I agree they do have some bad names (like snottingham), the knights names are more than just puns. They didn’t take the words and try and make them names, they took real life names that sounded like weapons and used them. All of the knights have real life human names, even lance. I realy wouldn’t say their uninspired, because they’re not exactly made up, and human characters generally have normal names in cartoons. I mean people might prefer it if they were made up, but those are some of the few real names in the world that could be associated with the characters weapon of choice, so I’d say they’ve done well there.
An example of who uses Lance as a name.

7 Likes

I know most of the names are real, but when combined with their weapon it just sounds…weird and odd. Just my personal taste.

1 Like

The fact that they’re going the power rangers rout and are reusing the same footage every episode, and the same,plot, and the same characters, and the same vehicles and settings, with the exception of a new but thrown-under-the-bus-next-episode-to-make-room-for-the-new-ones villain here and there.

2 Likes