Why lego feels hollow now

not him, either. not after his betrayal.

1 Like

who, ME???
i wasnt absent - there was just a long line for the milk

not you, no one.

4 Likes

what lego has done to itself is comparable to nintendo instead of making the next mario kart just releasing an F1 game.

1 Like

Bionicle g2 sold well, Lego said so themselves.

Huh, from what I saw people loved hidden Side. Never saw any hatred for it.

Lego bricks were always hollow. Only the old wooden toys were solid.

I will eat you in your sleep.

Why would a kid want a generic space man when they can have a space man that’s also Jake Skywalker?

7 Likes

Who? Never heard of that guy.

Store shelves disagree.

People can love with their words and hate with their wallets.

Man, you’ve been missing out he’s the best Skywalker

1 Like

Why LEGO feels hollow: why did they even make the Monkie Kid sets? Or the “rainbow” set? Or most of their “art” sets? Most of these are made either so that they can agree with the politics or are mere money grabs in very specific markets. I miss the themes like Castle and Galaxy Squad (and Ultra Agents) that could ignore the politics and arguments and just make life enjoyable, while still having a decent storyline or at least villains who can make good enemies without needing a TV show to explain their backstory. Oh, well, I’m too cynical not to be enthusiastic about Star Wars sets, so I’ll end my rant…

4 Likes

Maybe it’s a regional thing, but where I’m from, kids hated Hidden Side possibly because the boxes didn’t look like traditional lego boxes, and they were Halloween themed. What parent will buy their kid the abandoned seafood restaurant for Christmas once Halloween is over?

5 Likes

In my home country the most influential bricking channel repeatedly bashed hidden side for showing more phones than sets on the boxes. He said parents will look at this and won’t know what is actually going on or understand and will be alienated by the concept of having to provide their kids with up-to-date phones to get the full play experience.

4 Likes

And don’t even mention LEGO Life: the pothole in the street of the company’s triumphant magazine publications. Which reminds me, the Hero Factory Brain Attack contest was the last contest I saw in the magazines that had winners who actually tried to make top-quality MOCs. After that, it was mostly kids younger than ten submitting multicolored blobs of System and/or entire sets as their models. It’s not that I’m against their expressions of creativity, but it’s disappointing that that’s all we get from LEGO Life now. No more do we get stuff like the Bellator Verum MOC, which was the largest HF MOC I’ve ever seen in LEGO Club.

2 Likes

And the app, aka knockoff instagram, replaced the Galleries and the Message boards and isn’t a good replacement for either.

EDIT: and not from a “it’s lower quality” standpoint, it’s from a “this doesn’t make sense as a replacement” standpoint.

Like, how is an instagram-like app a replacement for a message board? How is an instagram-like app where you can’t comment or otherwise give feedback besides hearts a replacement from the old Galleries?

8 Likes

never forget :pray:

4 Likes

4 Likes

I have to say what has been said by others before:
Lego is a company.
They are a business.

If it makes money- why do something else? as i said, Lego is a business. and if a theme doesn’t make money for the business, why keep it running? Ninjago has been making money, which is most likely why they’ve kept it going for over a decade. If Lego ninjas make money and Lego pirates don’t, why make would Lego make Lego pirates?

5 Likes

because I will personally fund it

6 Likes

because they want to drain every last penny from us with some ■■■■ reasoning for a price increase (reason i usually buy discontinued sets)

Ha ha, I don’t even have a smartphone so guess I missed out on the “full play experience”.

3 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like