Will there be TREE-SPEAK in 2015?

This topic is to speculate on wether or not the TreeSpeak will be used in 2015. Post why or why not and how you feel about TreeSpeak. Remember to be respectful of other people’s opinions.

Greg Farshtey said that they thing he hated most was writing in Tree-Speak. This may or may not make any difference because Greg won’t be writing the new stories. The new writers might feel the same or they might not.

Personally, I doubt Tree-Speak will come back in 2015 because LEGO is targeting younger kids who might have trouble understanding it. I remember when Bionicle first came out, my favorites were always the Le-Matorans, but I had a really hard time understanding them.

15 Likes

It was a cute gimmick, but I doubt it’ll be used this time.

10 Likes

I highly doubt they will include it, and if they do it’ll be purely to humor the old fans. I think this because it was just a story element, added to give the characters some fluff. Tree speak or chute-speak can be ever-fun, but I can’t see it quick-making a comeback.

10 Likes

Honestly, it’ll really depend on whether the writer wants to use it. Dialects would add to the world building and depth of the (protector?) society, but it might be hard to use in writing. Additionally, I highly doubt that a jungle (tribe?) dialect would be tree-speak as we saw it in old Bionicle. It might use similar elements, but it’s rather unlikely that they’d take it directly from MNOG.

4 Likes

Maybe. Lewa is now master of JUNGLE, tree-speak would make sense. Ultimately it’s Lego’s call on this.

2 Likes

I never thought of it that way. Lewa talks to Trees. (he Tree-speaks)

Ha.

6 Likes

I don’t think that treespeak would necessarily be a problem for kids unless they had to read it out loud themselves. They find that kind of stuff funny.

4 Likes

Actually, now that you bring it up, he can canonically speak to plants now! Look at his bio on the website! Perhaps that’s how it will be handled.

1 Like

Lol, that’d be great.

But I still can’t see LEGO being like, “Oh Lewa speaks to trees, and he taught the villagers how to do so, and now they call it tree-speak!” That may not be what you’re going for, but regardless, I highly doubt they will.

3 Likes

What would be really amusing is if only the plants used “Tree-speak” but no one else did.

1 Like

Oh, I REALY hope they bring back Tree-Speak in 2015, it gave the Le-Matoran so much more diversity and uniqueness. So why not the "Jungle" tribe?

3 Likes

I really doubt they will bring it back. They already had took steps to remove it in the old BIonicle. I don’t think they will want to use it again.

1 Like

What steps?

1 Like

They made it so Le-Matoran outside of Metru Nui didn’t speak it.

2 Likes

There was like one exception to that, right? Like Piruk or Tanma or someone?

1 Like

No, I don’t believe either of them used it. The Toa later on in the story from Metru/Mata Nui (Like Kongu) were kind of an exception, because they didn’t want to remove treespeak from cannon, just try and not add any new tree speaking characters.

2 Likes

The underwater one did tree speak.

1 Like

Ah, yes! Defilak! That’s the one.

4 Likes

Well, he was a Le-Matoran.

1 Like

But the thing is that he wasn’t from Metru-nui, so he technically couldn’t have known tree-speak. But, he does anyway because continuity sucks!

/s

don’t kill

2 Likes