Will we get a DVD/Blu-Ray release of BIONICLE: Journey to One?

Since I know there some DVD or Blu-Ray releases of Netflix shows before, but will LEGO are going do a DVD or Blu-Ray Releases for Journey to One since there some like myself that really want to see the series, but didn’t have any Netflix Accounts. Maybe with some Special Features like the 2015 Web Episodes, Cast Commentary, The Making of Journey to One, & Maybe a Promo Set of Protector Makuta.

6 Likes

Have any other Netflix exclusives gotten a DVD release?

I know that House of Cards and Orange is the New Black actually got DVD releases, but that are the only ones that I remember that had.

1 Like

Only if it does really well. I personally doubt it will happen, but it isn’t impossible

3 Likes

If LEGO wants to, then yeah. If they don’t expressly tell Netflix that they want a DVD release, I doubt Netflix will make that move on their own…

1 Like

Edited title cuz grammar~RainbowWhiter

3 Likes

I know clone wars season 6 got a dvd release, so this is possible.

To be frank, JTO isn’t doing as well as any of the other series that have been mentioned. And it’s really not as good as most of them either.

1 Like

I doubt it, unfortunately I agree with most of the sentiment here.

In terms of you being unable to watch it, Netflix is free for your first month, and you can cancel before you must start paying for it, so you could sign up, watch the hell out of it for a month, and then cancel.

I know that’s what I’m doing, due to my broke-ness. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Maybe, but I don’t foresee it happening anytime soon. After it gets a few more episodes under it’s belt and if the demand gets high enough we could see a DvD release.

2 Likes

@Lord_Dcast And I have been debating this for a while, and unless LEGO decides to, it probably wont happen.

How do we know for sure how well JTO is doing?

I have no way of knowing with absolute certainty. My impression is that it’s doing fine inside the community, but not really reaching anyone outside of it. I think it’s likely not to do as well as previously mentioned tv shows. It will succeed only in briefly pleasing already existing Bionicle fans thus hindering it’s overall success. This is merely my projection. I cannot be 100% certain of anything that might happen.

JTO will definitely get a Blu Ray and DVD release in Australia as all the Netflix shows get this treatment. It’s a little different to America, so I’m excited to pick up my copy.

As for other countries, I can’t say for sure. According to Raptortalon Netflix shows don’t get physical releases in the states.

[quote=“Lord_Dcast, post:14, topic:20262, full:true”]
JTO will definitely get a Blu Ray and DVD release in Australia as all the Netflix shows get this treatment. It’s a little different to America, so I’m excited to pick up my copy.

As for other countries, I can’t say for sure. According to Raptortalon Netflix shows don’t get physical releases in the states.
[/quote]’

(You should still watch it on Netflix, legally)

I do, but JTO isn’t on there yet.

If we’re getting a DVD/Blu-Ray release I’d say the earliest we could get it would be the Winter Months given that Netflix would probably have organised something with Lego to determine how long they have exclusivity on JTO.

I feel this here is one of the main reasons that it may not receive a release on DVD or Blu-Ray. Shows like Legend Of Chima and Ninjago are still taking forever to arrive on DVD and Hero Factory (as far as i am aware) never received a release of ‘Brain Attack’ though i may be wrong about that.

I feel JTO is also suffering from not being advertised on Netflix or on Lego.com directly. This is likely what will cause the show to have issues given it lacks advertising outside of Bionicle circles.

1 Like

Hopefully we will, because if we do, I’m picking up copies for my friends that don’t have netflix, and one for me because i need more bionicle stuffs. speaking of which, does anyone know where i can get bionicle posters and t-shirts online other than the TTV store?

Actually, it did release in Australia.

2 Likes

I need a full collection of HF DVD’s.

1 Like