WIP Barafu V.2

20220216_092754
When inspiration hits, it hits like a truck!
The winter storms have brought a new version of my Self-Moc Toa Barafu. I’ll be making a more polished post soon but I just had to share the results asap!
20220216_091858
20220216_091951
20220216_092228
20220216_092545
20220216_091750

28 Likes

Holy cow, this is incredible! I love it, great work!

It’s a massive upgrade from the other one. Very well done.

2 Likes

Yeah! And …

:dizzy_face:

yeah.

5 Likes

Alas, tis the curse of old age. It’s a matter of When, not If.

5 Likes

This is a fantastic upgrade from the previous version. My only criticism/suggestions would be to add a tire to the middle arm joint, as it’s pretty happy, and if you have black or translucent light blue bohrok eyes, to place on the inside of the forearm.

2 Likes

Wow! I hadn’t thought of the Bohrok Eyes there and I LOVE to use those lol! What tire piece is typically used for the arms btw? I am familiar with the technique but never done it myself, tbh.

2 Likes

I don’t know a specific name, but here’s what they look like.

2 Likes

Thanks. Gonna have to dig deep in the seldom used system bin for those little guys… yikes!

2 Likes

looks really good!

1 Like

That shield design is good.
inb4 rukah uses an ice pun

2 Likes

ain’t that the truth
Anyway that moc looks pretty nice, it looks a lot cooler than the previous version.

1 Like

Lol. Like we don’t see those Italics. Thanks!!

1 Like

Heh heh heh
Also are you going to revamp your Toa team in a similar style?

I think my wallet just imploded.

3 Likes

Er
Does that mean yes or no?

The calf area seems a little too tick, and his shoulders seem a little too broad, but those are both more subjective critiques. I really like the torso, and the idea for the belt and bottles is really neat.

3 Likes

I can say there’ll be at least one other revamp of a member of his team. Mind you, nearly all of them met a gruesome end at some point.

1 Like

do tell

As much as I’d love to say “all in due time”…
I can’t make those kinds of promises. Long story short, something big and nasty did about three quarters of their team in and the rest (save Barafu) died off later.

2 Likes

argh now I must know what happened! :stuck_out_tongue: