WIP Toa Nidhiki

I wanna build this guy for years. I referred to set version Nidhiki and decided carefully about which features should be retained as his pre-mutation appearance. In addition, I refer to a lot of official set designs and retain a certain degree of playability, keeping it in the same style as Toa of Lhikan and other Metru style Toa. His shoulder armor is the same size as the Metru ones.

36 Likes

He is still WIP and I’ll make a lot of modification. I’d love to get some feedback. :smiley: Thanks as always.

1 Like

Pretty nice, a bit basic, though a basic build is probably what’ll get the most votes.

2 Likes

His shoulders are very claver idea
Quite similar to his post-mutation shoulders, but still metru build.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of small details here that I really appreciate. The way he holds his scythe seems very “LEGO-like”. The shoulders and legs and chest all featuring elements of the set. Good stuff.

2 Likes

Despite the fact that Nidhiki isn’t silver, I like the simplicity of the moc. Also that shoulder armor looks really nice.

2 Likes

Those shoulders are gonna win the contest, telling ya. I would recommend using makuta Mutran’s weapon for scythe blade since that takanuva staff is just super overused, but the mutated version is using quite a lot of them too, so if it’s for accuracy’s sake…
I hope artists will make a “proper” version of his mask.

2 Likes

The shoulders are really nice interpretation of his mutated form

2 Likes

I can always appreciate when someone tries to replicate the original shoulders, and this one looks especially good.

2 Likes

I think these shoulders are my favorite merging of the mutated style and metru style, which adds good stylization that makes him similar to Lhikan and his previous set, but different.

Of course the colors would need a change, but I enjoy this

Hopefully we get a Tuyet that is similarly Metru-ish but different as well.

3 Likes

will you be removing the silver and entering this into the canon contest?

2 Likes

I actually really like how this looks!

2 Likes

Simple and sweet, good build! The shoulders stand this out from other Metru-styled builds and look great

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:Here is a question of me, as Toa Iruini started out as a set design for Toa Nidhiki, Toa Iruini’s mask is based on Nidhiki’s Vahki-like head. So is it possible that Iruini’s mask is actually in the shape of a Volitak?

2 Likes

Iruni’s mask was also supposed to be a rip-off of a legendary hero’s mask like with every other hagah, but his legendary hero was wearing kualsi, so Iruni’s shaped as just normal kualsi…

2 Likes

No. We know what a Volitak looks like, and it’s not that.

Plus it’s been confirmed that Iruini’s Kualsi is, in fact, in the shape of a Great Kualsi:

1 Like

I am not sure. It is just my headcanon and I built him to team with my Lhikan.:smiley:

@Sargos @TheJerminator Thanks! It is a pity that we already have the official design of pre-mutation mask but it is canonized as a different kind of kanohi mask.:sob:

6 Likes

Holy cow he actually looks really good next to Lhikan

1 Like

The artist who will draw nhidiki will still be able to make a hybrid of volitak and kualsi, it’s that one case when the art will actually do something good for the character design, unlike with Artakha.

Not really how that works. His mask shape is confirmed as the standard Volitak. Art portion can’t retcon a Greg quote.

Edited mistake

1 Like