WORST Lego Set you Own!

My Lego Krusty Krab from 2006. It’s broken down and stuff, but it’s a really bad set.

4 Likes

Was it the one that came with the original Squidward?
You know, THAT one

3 Likes

It looks like he has a Lenny face

Yes it is.

1 Like

the only true squidward minifig :sunglasses:

4 Likes

It’s also known as “the son of Karzahni”, and was originally planned to be included with set 8940-1

There is one set that I don’t own, but decided should be here anyways. This set fails in every way possible, as a parts pack, and as a promo item.
I give you: set 4071 bottles

I challenge anyone to name a worse set

2 Likes

Many LEGO sets come to my mind with poor or unoriginal designs, bad value, or even lackluster functions. But none have frustrated me over time like 7625 River Chase from Indiana Jones.

I received this set for Christmas 2007 (as a side note, this was around the time I stopped believing in Santa. Whether or not this set was a reason for it, I’m not sure. Dock it a point if you want, lol) and I thought it was a good value: 4 figures, 3 models to build, an animal, all for about $20 USD MSRP.

(You could also dock it a point for being a set based on Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, widely considered a poor sequel to the franchise, but I digress.)

So what actually make the set so bad?

• The tree is a poor construction. I’ve built this set 3-4 times over the years for various scenes and every time, the tree falls apart within MINUTES of construction. Reason being it’s top-heavy, the LURP and columns on the base can’t support the structure on top, especially when using the play features. The net can never comfortably fit on the bars to be launched effectively, I’d say worse than other net-launching features in other sets over the years. The tree branches have very little stability when moving a minifigure through the tree, the best way to fix the model structure problem is to add in some Technic bricks with pins and a beam extending to the base. LEGO has made better tree models around this size in the past, and this one disappoints me.

Minor point, the leaves on the 1x1 round brick with 3 leaves easily broke off, but I know this problem happens with this piece almost all the time. Even nowadays. Why this hasn’t been fixed, I don’t know.

• Next, the duck boat. Fundamentally a decent build and a comprehensive way of building the middle, front and back and joining them together. The problem comes in rebuilding the set. Stickers are added to the same pieces but different patterns, taking it longer to find out which goes where. This is a common problem rebuilding sets with stickers attached though. But this set has some stickers over assemblies, so packing it away is difficult (as seen in the DBG section in the middle of the model). The seating is also rather close for 2 in here.

• Not much to complain about the other boat, the raft with motor, except that some of my stickers have worn off over the years. I’ve kept the set in good preservation like most of my stored sets, so it’s a shame the front stickers peeled off. Not much else to say here. If anything, the lighted turret makes figure placement in the middle tricky but not impossible.

The figure assortment is fine, even if it’s the umpteenth time we’ve had the same Indiana Jones figure without variance. But Marion Ravenwood seems like the odd one out, mostly because of her blue eyes. The face print reminds me of the Star Wars Clone Wars characters despite being based on a live actor, it just doesn’t line up with the rest of the minifigure art designs.

Fundamentally it doesn’t have everything wrong with it, but it is something that frustrates me when I want to rebuild the Indiana Jones sets. Nowadays I just leave the tree pieces in the bag and leave out the rest.

-Maniac4Bricks

1 Like

System: lego Superheroes Spider Man set (I forgot which)

Bionicle: Melum (not Kopaka)