Worst (modern) Lego Sets Ever

What are the worst sets you’ve ever seen?
Lego is one of the highest quality toy brands available. Very rarely, however, a bad set slips through, even as 999 out of every 1,000 sets will be great.
The first one that comes to mind is the flimsy mess that was the TIE Crawler:

I’m sure others have also come across that one set that just doesn’t live up to the Lego quality standards. What are the stinkers you’ve seen?

(Also, please don’t put old sets that don’t compare in detail to modern ones, unless they were awful compared to others from that time!)

7 Likes

What qualifies as “Modern”?

2 Likes

I could assume anything after maybe 2005-2007 as the earliest or something

2 Likes

According to wikipedia, anything after the 16th century. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not to sure about too many terrible sets, but anything lacking in playability, and sensical build can’t be too common. We do have professional “master builders” making sets these day…

Oh, hi Protector of Ice! Look at your: stubby little body, useless weapons, and almost zero plot relevance. Nothing is wrong with you PoI, nothing at all. /s

6 Likes

That one Flame Eagle set from the Chima Fire vs. Ice wave was pretty trash.

I could’ve sworn there was also a Ninjago set design I disliked, but it’s not coming to mind.

2 Likes

I recall more modern designs that I like than ones that I dislike.

I may have to think about this one.

4 Likes

I do not like a lot of chima sets,I dunoo…

Don’t be hating on the TIE Crawler. That’s how I got my chrome gold C-3PO.

As for the worst modern set, it’s 76008 Mandarin and the Diabolical Flaming Golf Cart

13 Likes

The most dastardly vehicle I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

What?
I…
I can’t even comprehend it’s beauty

/s

It’s almost like Dr. Eggman and the Mandarin had a contest to see who could come up with the weirdest contraption.

Mandarin obviously comes out on top. Like, the Egg Fleet is nothing but paper airplanes compared to this sexy beast.

1 Like

Assault on hoth: “UCS” yeah I dont think so, that so far is one of the worst designed Lego star wars sets since the homing spider Droid, which made jangbricks into jangrybricks

3 Likes

Ketar (am I cool yet?)
Kopaka and Melum (still not cool?)
Skull scorpio (guys I’m really trying here)…

Okay I’ll stop.

2 Likes

Exactly, the focus of the set should have been making a detailed Echo Base with accurate rooms, equipment, and ships. This is what the model should have been:

5 Likes

I don’t understand why it’s called “Assault on Hoth” if there are only two Snowtroopers

All the Angry Birds sets

2 Likes

Do the Cars 2 sets count? Because they looked awful.

1 Like

I don’t own any of them to be fair, but c’mon

1 Like