Would Jaller replace his Arthron with Lhikan's Hau?

You’ve said before you think the Toa Nuva would eventually return Lhikan’s Hau to Jaller since they retrieved it from Karzahni.
My question is, would Jaller replace his Arthron with Lhikan’s Hau once he got it back? If so, would he lose his ability to breathe underwater?
https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/m-p/14623909/highlight/true#M313741

2 Likes

To answer the second part of your question, from Jaller’s BS01 page:

‘When Matoro teleported Jaller and the other Toa Mahri to Metru Nui, he made them amphibious as well, allowing Jaller to wear regular Kanohi on land.’

1 Like

He was referring to if he would lose any part of being amphibious if he were to no longer wear the Anthron

No, Jaller’s amphibian nature is not tied to his mask. After being transported back, he and the rest of the Mahri’s masks became regular masks.

Also, even if he did choose to wear his old Hau I doubt he would considering it’s only a Noble Mask, so it won’t be very helpful compared to a Great one.

There’s a passage in Inferno where Jaller says that he wishes he could use his old Hau instead of his Calix (which is a much better mask than the Arthron) and how he’ll find a way to get it back, which ended up being accomplished through the Toa Nuva. Even a noble Hau would be more useful than a mask of Sonar, and Lhikan’s Hau has sentimental value. Plus, I like to imagine Toa Jaller wearing the same mask as he did when he was a Matoran

1 Like